New Quest Ultrex 52" Bolt Hole Pattern Different than Ultrex???

Curious, to those who have upgraded if the bolt hole pattern is different with the new 52" Quest vs. the standard Ultrex.

I see that the new MKA-62 quick release mount is "slight yet insignificantly" different in full length and width (however the bolt hole pattern isn't document on the print for the MKA-62 (Quest version) vs the older MKA-52/62 which is 3" wide by 6 1/4" spacing between the 3 sets.

THNKS!

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    From what I understand, the pattern is the same but the bolts are larger, so the holes will have to be drilled out a little larger. The new quick disconnect plates have been beefed up to handle the added torque.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    If you have a STD Ultrex(45") and switching to a 52" then there will be an extra set of holes. I have seen a lot installations that have only 4 bolts. I recommend that you install the 52" with 3 sets of hole for a more secure installation. Check your present installation to see what you have to do. The hole pattern will be the same if the present motor is mounted correctly.

4. Member
    Not sure if you figured this out but I just intalled my 52" Quest and had to drill 1 hole at the front as the alignment matched up with all 3 other holes, except the 1. Also, unlike the previous Ultrex 52", Minn Kota tells you to screw down all 6 holes for the Quest. I wasn't aware of this and now have to drill out and screw down 2 additional holes, as my previous Ultrex only had 4 holes, per the manual. Not sure if boat type matters on this, but I have a 2019 Nitro Z21. Hope that helps.

5. Member
    I had the same problem had 4 holes line up and 2 were off going from the ultrex to the quest.

6. Member
    from what I have read else where you only need to put four in and if you have room put the 6 in , if needed , some bass boats can't use all six guess trial and error on the kind of boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    from what I have read else where you only need to put four in and if you have room put the 6 in , if needed , some bass boats can't use all six guess trial and error on the kind of boat.
    Installation manuals says all 6 are needed to to the increased thrust. The 2 most forward on mine were too close to the bow. Was plenty of space between them and the second set to drill 2 more holes

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I used the new MKA-57 Quick Connect Mount (the one that also will slide backwards 10 inches) designed for the Quest models. The good thing about it is that there are 4 holes which match the current hole pattern (with larger bolts) but the additional holes close to the bow had 3 different placement options on each side. You didn't have to use the same ones on each side, but the instructions were firm that you needed to use all 6 bolts because of the increased thrust and torque.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    From what I understand, the pattern is the same but the bolts are larger, so the holes will have to be drilled out a little larger. The new quick disconnect plates have been beefed up to handle the added torque.
    received the new MKA-62 bracket and just as you have stated, the pattern is the same with slightly larger holes. THNKS!

10. Member
    I just installed the Quest on my fxr 2021 skeeter took the Ultrex off and put the new quest on and only had to make the holes a little bigger tells you in instructions on what size bit to get . all the holes lined up , Well all 4 since they only had 4 drilled for the Ultrex and Minnkota says to use all 6 with Quest mount so marked and drilled away , worked out good

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    I just installed the Quest on my fxr 2021 skeeter took the Ultrex off and put the new quest on and only had to make the holes a little bigger tells you in instructions on what size bit to get . all the holes lined up , Well all 4 since they only had 4 drilled for the Ultrex and Minnkota says to use all 6 with Quest mount so marked and drilled away , worked out good
    This is what answer people are looking for!