2+2 Battery Placement

I have a 2003 Allison XB21 2+2 Bassport Tournament Elite with a 24 V troll motor. I was wondering what is the best placement of the 2 troll motor batteries, Crank battery and the 3 gallon oil tank. All 3 batteries are Group 29. Right now the boat is set up with 1 troll battery in the very rear of the port compartment, 1 troll and 1 crank battery in front of the gas tank and no oil tank.
    Thanks for any input you might have.

2. Member
    I have mine setup with both troller batts in the rear passanger side and cranking on the driver side center (in front of the gas tank). I now have a 4 stroke so I don't have an oil tank, however when I had a 2 stroke 225X on it, I had the oil tank on top the cranking battery. I was balanced well with that setup for me.
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. Member
    Damn i thought i was the only one in town with an Ally!

4. Member
    Well that's cool red rocket, I know there are a handful of Allison's down here is south Florida but I would have never guessed one in Loxahatchee. Most people never even heard of this place LOL. I live right near Banyan and 87th Lane N.

5. Member
    When I had my 2+2, both trolling batteries in port compartment and charger in the same space. Cranking battery and oil tank centered in front of gas tank, oil tank atop battery. My wife weighs 100 pounds less than I do and boat balance was about perfect with her next to me.

6. Member
    I thought the trolling batteries were in the front on xb21's?

7. Member
    2+2 vs standard bass setup. Humans further forward in the 2+2, ergo more weight needed in the rear to balance.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    I thought the trolling batteries were in the front on xb21's?
    The 2 seater carries the batteries forward and the Prosport/2+2 carries the batteries rearward.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Member
    Thanks for all the info guy's, i need to move my other troll motor battery into the port compartment and I should be pretty good. What would be the best hold down for the troll motor batteries and how thick is the bottom in that rear compartment so I don't use to long of a screw.