Isolating battery charging cables

I have Ionic lithium batteries and charger. When I'm using Active Target it drains my staring battery. My trolling batteries will be at 80% and the starter will be at 50%. How can I charge just the starting battery? Is there a switch to isolate the battery charging cables?

2. Member
    I asked that question a while back and there is no need. If your trolling batteries are at 80% most of the time when you fish, you would have to charge them 5times to count as 1 cycle. It's not hurting the batteries at all.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

3. Moderator
    My starting battery is a 125ah battery. I fished a tournament recently and ran 2 graphs and livewells all day with the Active Target only a couple of hours. Battery started the day at 100% and ended the 8 hour day at 60%. If I run the active target all day I don't tink I'll have much battery left.

4. Member
    I have the same setup but don't have any FFS. I do have 2 solix units which use a lot of power. I've got into a habit of putting the console unit in standby mode when I'm on front deck fishing and the deck unit on standby when I'm hopping from place to place. I find this made a big difference in battery left at the end of the day.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

5. Member
    Solution 1 is to install quick disconnects to the charger cables and disconnect the battery you dont want to charge. Anderson makes a reliable quick disconnect like the SB50 that can be installed without exposed terminals when disconnected.

Other option is to stop overthinking it. As Chad stated this has been asked and Drewtek gave a pretty elaborate answer on how the BMS doesn't count a full cycle just because it gets plugged in, but rather has the ability to count partial cycles. His numbers were different but a generic example is: 5 cycles from 80% to 100% = 1 full cycle.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Charge all the batteries after every use
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Charge all the batteries after every use
    Will do Thanks

8. Member
    Remove the fuse to the batteries you don't want charged
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    My starting battery is a 125ah battery. I fished a tournament recently and ran 2 graphs and livewells all day with the Active Target only a couple of hours. Battery started the day at 100% and ended the 8 hour day at 60%. If I run the active target all day I don't tink I'll have much battery left.
    This used to be my story. I found out my fusible link was blown and I was not charging during a trip at all. Got that fixed and I start and end each trip in the 90s. That's with 3 graphs and Livescope on the whole time.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

I don't see how an Ionic 125ah with only that stuff running is draining so fast.