Question Recessed Bow Light on Eyra

Anyone have any wisdom on how to take the bow light off an Eyra and if you must replace the entire light for a bulb being out? Port side is out on mine and the light appears to have a small, phillips head screw on the back of the cover but I'm not entirely sure it's accessible enough to get at, nor if it is the proper way to remove the light. Seems too far forward to access a through the hull bolt from the opening under the TM pedal and the charger panel. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

We’ve had excellent success with that light. When you remove the trolling motor, the hood will come off with one small screw, then the fasteners will be inside the hood.

Thanks! About to order the light from the BCB store.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

Those things should be good for 10,000 hours of use, Ann occasional failure is not uncommon however, it’s been a great light. It’s the Perko Stealth model. The new one has a more defined intensity LED a that’s legal on vessels up to 65 meters, and it’s a smidge taller also.

I've had moisture intrusion in mine. The replacement was good to go, maybe some of the 2021s werent sealed that good... Its pretty tight up in the bow of that model to work on stuff. Good luck with it.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"