Thread: Wifi extender.

Wifi extender.

What the best way to extend wifi across the yard now. I did a search here, but all results were over 2 years old. As fast as technology changes, probably obsolete now. I know very little about this, so links or descriptions will help. Lol

2. Member
    I had a TPLink extender to have Wi-Fi in the workshop about 50 feet away and it was okay. I went to o Deco Mesh system and have a much stronger signal everywhere in the house and shop.

A wireless access point is the best way. Preferably a long-range wireless access point. You’ll need a small POE switch to power it, but they’re affordable. If you have the room and ability, you could hang it under the eave that is closest to area of the yard you most need signal. Ubiquity has a long-range wireless access point that is top notch. I just installed one in our house, 2200sqft, and that’s the only connection to the network in our house. I can imagine they’d really be impressive in an unobstructed environment.

If you just want to cover the yard, I'd get a access point made for outside from ubiquiti. Mount it to the house. I'd wire the access point and use a poe switch to power it.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

5. Member
    One of these helped at the house, I'm not sure about the range outdoors. https://www.amazon.com/Extender-Cove...lbWF0aWM&psc=1

I use Orbi Satellite extenders and two covers three acres.

7. Member
    It's pricey but a mesh system with satellites works great both indoor and outside. I have the Orbi 3 channel system with 5 satellites.

WHo is your IP?

When I had comcast there Puck extenders worked wonders.

No I have ATT Fiber and do not need.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Depends on what you are trying to do. Across the yard and inside another building? How big is the yard?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

10. Member
    I also use orbi, I have 3 spread out (my house/parents house/kids playhouse) all are about 200 feet my house to parents, 100 feet mine to playhouse. It works great, It had very little to no setup just plug them in and follow the app. I ran a cable from the starlink router to the orbi in my house and the other 2 are not wired. I get signal around the main buildings great, and randomly get wifi in places I would never expect to (1000 feet through the forest, no idea good bounce I guess). In a large open area I imagine it would work great.