Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    Much better lithium's on the market from the many board sponsors, so who cares about Tracker lithium honestly.

this!!!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

2. Member
    Much better lithiums on the market from the many board sponsors, so who cares about Tracker lithium honestly.
    Those that have Tracker lithium batteries .

But I agree with you. Buy what is known to work and buy it from a reputable source.

3. Member
    Much better lithiums on the market from the many board sponsors, so who cares about Tracker lithium honestly.
    At least anyone who buys a boat from Johnny Morris or anyone who has a Bass Pro Credit Card and collects points.

4. Member
    Buying from someone who will back up their warranty is at least as important as who made it. BPS has always treated their customers well. While I would prefer to buy from a sponsor I certainly would not be worried about BPS backing their stuff. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    I care at the discounted rate that I can buy them for. Sure there are much better batteries out there with a better warranty and a higher price tag. The avaerage working man can't afford the better batteries the same as we can't buy a brand new $120,000 bass boat. We buy what we can afford. Can you sell me one of your 12V 100AH batteries for $450?

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Buying from someone who will back up their warranty is at least as important as who made it. BPS has always treated their customers well. While I would prefer to buy from a sponsor I certainly would not be worried about BPS backing their stuff. JMO Bob
    I can vouch for all the sponsors on here be it impulse, ionic, or powerhouse all back up there warranty as well or better then Johnny and all 3 brands far exceed and have a better warranty then tracker lithium.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 11-02-2023 at 10:50 AM.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch View Post
    I care at the discounted rate that I can buy them for. Sure there are much better batteries out there with a better warranty and a higher price tag. The avaerage working man can't afford the better batteries the same as we can't buy a brand new $120,000 bass boat. We buy what we can afford. Can you sell me one of your 12V 100AH batteries for $450?
    Can you buy a tracker 100 ah for 450? Last I knew you couldn't.

Tracker 100ah 5 year warranty ( dont know conditions as cant find it anwhere).. $749.99 plus tax prob 10% off on a Tuesday or something so lets just say after tax $720.00. ( maybe some points on your johnny card)
    Powerhouse 100ah 15 year warranty 10 years no proration year 1 to 5 replacement sent same day (with prepaid return label) $799.99 10% off everyday $720.00 free shipping no sales tax . Better battery, better cells 10 years more warranty 5 years of that with no proration as well as bluetooth monitoring standard.

So even if you could buy the tracker for $450.00 ( dont see how) what if you have to buy another year number six? (assuming there warranty is 5 years no proration, still unsure) now your out of warranty thats $800.00 ( if you can buy it for 450.00 as you claim). If not thats $1440.00 for 2. Your still covered with no proration to year 10 with either a powerhouse or a Impulse for that matter. For $620.00 to $720.00 respectively.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 11-02-2023 at 11:24 AM.

8. Member
    Can you buy a tracker 100 ah for 450? Last I knew you couldnt.
    Yes I can. My wife is an employee and gets a discount. I'm not disagreeing with you on warranties or those batteries being better. For my price these are a better option. If I way paying the full $900 for a Tracker I would definetly go with a different brand.

9. Member
    Yes I can. My wife is an employee and gets a discount. I'm not disagreeing with you on warranties or those batteries being better. For my price these are a better option. If I way paying the full $900 for a Tracker I would definetly go with a different brand.
    Considering the same option after seeing how much a good AGM runs these days. Trolling motor batteries are due for replacement as well, just stinks needing to buy a new charger as well if I go the lithium route. No offense to the board sponsors, but prefer not to spend $2k plus, I do not tournament fish nor do I have multiple screens, but don't want to be stranded either.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caddelma View Post
    Considering the same option after seeing how much a good AGM runs these days. Trolling motor batteries are due for replacement as well, just stinks needing to buy a new charger as well if I go the lithium route. No offense to the board sponsors, but prefer not to spend $2k plus, I do not tournament fish nor do I have multiple screens, but don't want to be stranded either.
    I'm not trying to offend anyone either. If you've got the money to buy the best battery with the best warranty then go for it. Some are not that fortunite to be able to buy the best of everything.

11. Member
    to be honest i wouldnt spend 900 bucks on a chinese made battery. there is more to it than just the cells themselves, which all come from china. how you weld the cells, the quality bms used and the quality and size of wire for the connections all matter.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTW View Post
    to be honest i wouldnt spend 900 bucks on a chinese made battery. there is more to it than just the cells themselves, which all come from china. how you weld the cells, the quality bms used and the quality and size of wire for the connections all matter.
    What if the Chinese constructed battery was perfectly made? And it was a hundred bucks less expensive than the same quality made elsewhere?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    What if the Chinese constructed battery was perfectly made? And it was a hundred bucks less expensive than the same quality made elsewhere?
    Good question. LiTime batteries get good reviews. Their trolling motor batteries are $279 each.

14. Member
    Good question. LiTime batteries get good reviews. Their trolling motor batteries are $279 each.
    That’s what I was going to say. I have LiTime for my TM and Ionic for my starter. They’re only a couple of months old, but everything is great at this point. If you want to save $1,000 on your 36 volt system, and you’re willing to take a chance, get the LiTime TM batteries. If you want to have virtually guaranteed performance, service, and warranty, definitely buy from a board sponsor.

If I could have purchased Tracker batteries for $450, I might have had the same questions posed in this thread. I don’t know why anyone would discourage a conversation about any brand of batteries regardless. Give people the information and let them make the best choice for them. The “shouting down” that happens in some of these battery threads is obnoxious.

15. Member
    Overnight it seems I have turned 75. A ten year warranty won't be of much use to me I fear.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    That’s what I was going to say. I have LiTime for my TM and Ionic for my starter. They’re only a couple of months old, but everything is great at this point. If you want to save $1,000 on your 36 volt system, and you’re willing to take a chance, get the LiTime TM batteries. If you want to have virtually guaranteed performance, service, and warranty, definitely buy from a board sponsor.

If I could have purchased Tracker batteries for $450, I might have had the same questions posed in this thread. I don’t know why anyone would discourage a conversation about any brand of batteries regardless. Give people the information and let them make the best choice for them. The “shouting down” that happens in some of these battery threads is obnoxious.
    What model Litime batteries did you use? Reading on the specs for L12V100-100-TM, it shows a Max. Discharge Current 5 Seconds:300A to 500A. The ionic 100 and 125 dual purpose models lists 500A at 3 seconds as a comparison. Wondering if the BMS would support starting an outboard, even if it was in a pinch to jump it, ie if the cranking battery were weak? I know some people say to use a portable jump box, but I like the idea of flipping a switch and being able to jump off a trolling battery like I have know with my lead acid batteries.

17. Member
    Will the Litime BMS know to where the current is flowing?

18. Member
    I don't think they know or care per set, but think the issue is the bms controls how much current it can discharge over a certain period of time, which an outboard will draw a large amount quickly when starting.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caddelma View Post
    What model Litime batteries did you use? Reading on the specs for L12V100-100-TM, it shows a Max. Discharge Current 5 Seconds:300A to 500A. The ionic 100 and 125 dual purpose models lists 500A at 3 seconds as a comparison. Wondering if the BMS would support starting an outboard, even if it was in a pinch to jump it, ie if the cranking battery were weak? I know some people say to use a portable jump box, but I like the idea of flipping a switch and being able to jump off a trolling battery like I have know with my lead acid batteries.
    The Litime batteries are not cranking batteries. These will be trolling motor batteries or electronics.

20. Member
    I would not use one as a primary cranking battery, but would it support a jump start situation? Based on marketing it appears not, but comparing specs, maybe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast