Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Average F-150 payment

Saw this and wondered why people sign up for this.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...85d13637&ei=30

2. Member
    That's crazy! I've never had a house payment that high.

3. Member
    ..and yet they do. See them all over as they go ripping by my 2000 tundra. And that's gas. I see a lot of young kids driving brand new diesels.
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

This should be good. Cue up the "I could go down today and pay cash for a new one if I wanted to" crew.....

5. Member
    $1,000/ month, damn. You better buy an extended warranty too.
    ________
    $8

6. Member
    The article says the model can go as high as $76,775. I just bought a new one a few weeks ago and I can assure you there are a lot of f150 models that go higher than that.

7. Member
    Lots of disposable income out there is all I can come up with. The prices will continue to climb as long as people are willing to pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by OkAce View Post
    The article says the model can go as high as $76,775. I just bought a new one a few weeks ago and I can assure you there are a lot of f150 models that go higher than that.

And you didn't even do a ridiculous "I stimulated the economy" post......

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    And you didn't even do a ridiculous "I stimulated the economy" post......
    Almost as good as the "thanks for the birthday wishes Al" hunting for more happy birthdays
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

They are as cheap now as they will ever be! Labor costs going up another 25%, along with all the other supply chain and labor cost increases. Not bad if your income is going up and up, but a little rough on the retirees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Almost as good as the "thanks for the birthday wishes Al" hunting for more happy birthdays

I'm just cutting up, I know guys are proud when they buy a new truck or boat. I'm happy when people can.

12. Member
    It's not just the F150's!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

13. Member
    I’d love to what you all do for living that can afford these. Certainly can’t being a normal worker around here.

14. Member
    man I bought my first truck in 2009. 4x4 tundra double cab for $30k

in 2017 my kids were getting older and were kicking the back seat so we went and got a 2018 4x4 tundra for $40k.they gave me $15k for my 2009.

I kicked myself for trading in the truck and regretted it for some time. until covid happened and trucks skyrocketed. now im glad I got a newer one. if I had to buy a truck right now I don't know what I would do.

15. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    I’d love to what you all do for living that can afford these. Certainly can’t being a normal worker around here.
    It's easy if you don't save any of your check and don't put anything aside for retirement. This is the philosophy for about 80% (or more) of Americans. Something like 75% of the country has $500 or less saved at any time. Scary

16. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    It's easy if you don't save any of your check and don't put anything aside for retirement. This is the philosophy for about 80% (or more) of Americans. Something like 75% of the country has $500 or less saved at any time. Scary

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I'm just cutting up, I know guys are proud when they buy a new truck or boat. I'm happy when people can.
    Ditto, more power to them.
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

18. Moderator
    Last edited by RoadrashPaul; 10-30-2023 at 09:11 AM. Reason: duplicate

19. Member
    There everywhere! Guess there is a lot of BBC’rs around here! I am sure that they were all bought with cash! If you have good credit buying one is really easy. It’s the paying part that is tough. At my age I can see a time I will probably need to keep one new and under warranty. Right now I keep driving what is working and I can repair.

Now you know why lease is so popular! Was looking at a Small SUV, and playing with the payment calculstor, 5k down 600.00 per month.....my house mortgage is 750! Guess thats why I have a 20 year old truck! And wife a 8 yr old car! I look around and people are driving new carss, every 3 yrs.....they are leaseing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast