Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Banned
    Just saw an ad for the local Toyota dealer offering 0% for 60 months, must be getting tough to move them with the new models hitting the market.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    We get the base models at work, and they really are not bad at all compared to old base trucks. New XL work truck trims have the 2.7, power locks, power windows, backup cameras, cruise control. They are pretty nice trucks.
    We used to lease the base XLT Supercrews for our field reps and I thought they were darned nice trucks. I occasionally got to keep one for awhile, towed my tin boat like it wasn’t there
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

3. Member
    That’s why payment terms are getting longer. Pretty soon there will be 15 year notes lmao.

4. Member
    Just bought a ‘23 F-150 XL STX. Basically, a work truck with some additional options and the 2.7L V-6. Couldn’t afford anything more. It’s a great truck and it has all I need. Traded an ‘07 F-150. XLT. I paid almost double what I paid for the XLT back in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh_67 View Post
    Personally I always find a very well taken care of used truck that's a couple years old, put a huge chunk down and get a lower payment. It usually takes me a couple months to find the right deal when I'm shopping but it pays off in the end.
    That's where I am right now. Hoping to close on a deal today. I've been looking for a white gold metallic F-250 for a good long time (Ford only made that color for 2 years, 2017-18.) I finally found one in New Orleans and will see what happens on that deal. Currently I'm driving a 2006 F250 that I bought as a one year old in 2007. It's been a GREAT truck and am sad to let her go.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

I bought a truck last year and the finance manager gave me some crazy financing quote and I laughed and said no. I said how do people afford truck payments like that? He said, "I send people out the door here every day with $1500 a month truck payments and wonder the same thing" Thats crazy!
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

7. Member
    I guess if you have a good credit score and a little down payment you can buy a new Ford truck with no problem around here. But a payment of 1,000 or greater would have me staying at home a lot or not eating out any or fishing when I want. That is a house payment! Now if I was using a truck to make a living then it would not bother me much. Yes there are people who can afford it! But most I know of pay it off to a point that the payment is reasonable. Or just pay cash. But yet plenty of folks buy one and stretch payment out. Even if you are a good money manager Mark, things can happen beyond control so I couldn’t see it feasible. I like my good credit score and it’s pretty easy to make it stay there by not putting yourself in that position.

8. Member
    i picked up my F250 with the Tremor package last year and just for the heck i priced a F150 with the Tremor package and it was 15k more!!

9. Member
    I bought a new leftover '22 lariat f150 v8 this year. I had some equity in my trade ('17 f150 lariat with 55k miles). But my payment is only $550/mo. Sticker price was 62k. The interest rates are bad right now. If it woulda been a 1k/mo payment i woulda kept my 17. Jeesh!

And for those wondering what we do for a livin to afford a new truck every few years... I work at ups and am a teamster.

It is what it is. When we moved back to the US in early '21 we needed a vehicle and a house. Worst time in my lifetime to buy either due to covid and shortages. She got a CR-V then and I got a Ridgeline this year. House is now paid for but we are spending over $1,500 a month for two vehicle notes. At least they are 1.9% and 2.9% notes.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gebass View Post
    i picked up my F250 with the Tremor package last year and just for the heck i priced a F150 with the Tremor package and it was 15k more!!
    I just bought a 150 in the tremor package and if what you’re saying is true I could’ve gotten a 250 for in the 40s

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    And not that $44K is reasonable for a PU but the problem is most seem to think they have to outfit the a truck with all the bells and whistles that a typical high eng luxury car has. I mean heated seats? Retractable running boards? Leather interior?
    cmon, it's a pickup truck.
    I have a V8, electric windows, and cruise control. NO Carpet.. NO OnStar... working great for me. 2011 Silverado.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

Quote Originally Posted by OkAce View Post
    I just bought a 150 in the tremor package and if what you’re saying is true I could’ve gotten a 250 for in the 40s
    You can get a F250 Tremor in the XLT but not a F150 Tremor in anything less than the Lariat. That is why the F150 is more...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234