MEGA LIVE HELP , PLEASE

Maybe you can help me out , and I didn't do the new update to my head units and mega live yet, Problem mega live has be working great no 100% with picture but good enough so fishing and about 6 hours into the day and freeze up , then appears on screen mega live out of water which was in water okay shut units down the turn back on , same , turn main power off same , so whats up with this any suggestions on a fix tanks

2. Member
    Battery?

3. Member
    All working on an Iconic battery 3 --12's 1--meqa 360 , and live, plus internet box with sea clear wiring

4. Member
    Did you ground the drain wire when live was Installed?
    You can also jump the connection on live with aluminum foil or wire.

5. Member
    I cleaned the connection up on live ducer then used a wet towel and it works so see what happens next time out

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    You didn't say if you have Helix, Solix, or Apex, but there have been some Mega Live disconnect and out of water issues addressed in the recent updates. Hopefully, it was just a film on the wet switch, but that shouldn't cause the disconnect.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    all helix units gen 4, I know seems stupid that just a wipe off made it go back to working, these units got to drive me nuts , the more advanced they get the harder they getting for me .

8. Member
    Don't know if the gremlin left but went out the lake for 2 hours worked fine , only concern is looking at the ducer and looks like cracks in the plastic housing by the lens humm would they be deep enough or wide to let water in to affect the inside after being on water for so long and now it dried out , confused see what happens next when out for more than 2 hours

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    Don't know if the gremlin left but went out the lake for 2 hours worked fine , only concern is looking at the ducer and looks like cracks in the plastic housing by the lens humm would they be deep enough or wide to let water in to affect the inside after being on water for so long and now it dried out , confused see what happens next when out for more than 2 hours
    I have seen posts in the past where Humminbird has replaced Mega Live units under warranty because of cracks in the housing.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

10. Member
    I'll have to give em a call , thank you