Question Can’t figure out power loss

We don’t know what else to do so i’m hopin maybe i could find an idea on here. We have a 2014 lowe stinger 175 with a 60 4 stroke, and about a year ago we had power loss out of nowhere of about 6 mph from 32-34 to 24-27 consistently with a loss of rpm’s from 6000 to 4800-5000 consistently, we first started with a new fuel pump new prop new low pressure pump too new high pressure filter and we didn’t do the low pressure filter but none of it made a difference and we put the old high pressure pump back in because of the alarm going off from the new pump and the problem went away for one trip and then it started again but it wasn’t as bad and only went down to 30 and was sluggish but fishable so we left it for awhile until summer this year i used it one time and it was the worst it’s ever been and we tried cleanin filters in High pressure pump got another low pressure pump another high pressure pump still no low pressure but we thought it was fine none of it had any effect it was goin 24-27 consistently and couldn’t even get on plane at one point. We’ve tried everything fuel related the fuel lines, injectors, plugs wires coils, all perfect. We even took out the ball thing the anti siphon valve i think was what it was called that’s in the line that goes to the gas tank. We’ve done everything we could fuel and spark related and we don’t know what else to do. But we took the low pressure filter out completely and ran without it and the rpm’s were back to normal but speed is the exact same. I found out yesterday the prop we got put on wasn’t the same pitch it was a pitch bigger and a bigger diameter but For the filter to fix the rpm’s i doubt it’s all the prop. Any ideas would be really appreciated, thanks yall. Update we tried the old prop today and it did not make a difference and I am starting to look at things past the high pressure like the throttle position sensor or throttle body or tfi system or MAP, so if anyone know what it could be please reply ideas, thank you.​SERIAL NUMBER:1C254292
    Last edited by pstanfield; 10-16-2023 at 08:01 PM.

2. Member
    will need to post engine serial number first

When you post, it is very helpful if you will include the following (Items in RED are Required):

Engine Serial Number

(Information in red is Required)
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Believe you also sent this question by PM. I'm happy to provide assistance by EITHER PM or Post (please use one or the other).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Ok thanks yall im new to this forum I just made the account for this problem thanks for letting me know����