Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bassmaster Statement - Technology Committee

I'd guess this means it isn't going anywhere next season. Evaluating over 2024 season if I am reading this right.

https://www.bassmaster.com/elite/new...series-season/

2. Member
    Just a polite political statement saying we hear you but we ain't going to bite the hand that feeds us. It ain't going anywhere.

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Just a polite political statement saying we hear you but we ain't going to bite the hand that feeds us. It ain't going anywhere.
    nor should it. Just another tool
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    "Historically, bass have adapted to new fishing techniques, and many around the sport believe fish will adapt to the use of live technology. Since bass are not traditionally harvested at the same rate as other species like crappie, panfish and walleye, for example, little impact on the health of bass populations is expected although, to date, few studies have included bass. "

If BASS changes anything it will be a mistake. Alot people that do not want to watch it have at FFS sonar on there boat. these are the ones who don't watch now and won't watch if they change.

Change will just loose viewers and loose anglers.
    Last edited by BMCD; 10-17-2023 at 08:23 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    They don't need to ban anything, but they could help themselves without having to ban it by strategic scheduling. You'll always has FFS in play no matter what, but you can schedule tournament on certain lakes at certain times of year that it won't dominate.

That's how you fix it while keeping, fans, sponsors, and anglers happy.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    They know all of those who always watch at work aren’t going to quit and neither are all the other dudes that continually find something to whine about.

FFS Full Speed Aheaf

8. Member
    Another tool, but if I want to watch FFS I'll just take my boat and go fishing instead of streaming it on the Internet.

9. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Well you know, there are a lot of differing opinions on the subject of spotlighting technology out there. I'm hoping they find a way to PIP stream an anglers scope on screen while on his boat.

FWIW. .. I didn't watch this

10. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Another tool, but if I want to watch FFS I'll just take my boat and go fishing instead of streaming it on the Internet.
    +1

11. Member
    Man I always read FFS as "For F*cks Sake" and not "Forward Facing Sonar." I think I may have a problem...

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    A year’s study is a good approach. Making a knee jerk decision without real data would be bad.

So disappointing.

At the Bassmaster Classic, I was looking forward to hole jumpers with FFS jumping in behind contestants and cleaning house on fish the participants couldn’t see.

14. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I don't think they will put a total ban on FFS but I could see them putting a limit on the amount of transducers you can run or the amount of graphs you can have. Even if they done that all the anglers who are real efficient with FFS could still thrive with one 12" unit. If any limitations do happen I don't think it will be much of a impact. I very seriously doubt they do an outright ban.

15. dartag1829
    Wasn't me that posted the Randy Video. Funny if they would have banned it you would hear Pro's losing sponsorship and we would have a bunch of 20 page threads. Now at the Classic FFS will be the Game Changer in the event and Expo.

16. Member
    I do not have it nor mind if people and pros do. I love to drop shot but know one thing... watching the pros drop shot on the Northen Lakes staring down for six hours is as exciting as my wife's book club.

17. Member
    I'd take this over a book club any day

https://youtu.be/nzbfeAbcUoI?feature=shared&t=294

But if it saves the life of just one bass FFS should be banned. Seasons should be shortened. Bed fishing should be ended. We should all fish with barbless hooks.

Perhaps more people could hold their breath and stomp their feet until BASS bans it.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bparanoid View Post
    I'd take this over a book club any day

https://youtu.be/nzbfeAbcUoI?feature=shared&t=294
    I have sailed the world twice and have no desire to bass fish in that weather. Hot chicks read books BTW.

20. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Just think, if FFS is ever determined and defined as an unfair advantage in the pursuit and harvesting of game fish our government will find a way to add a usage fee to your annual fishing license. They can't not benefit from another means of revenue don't you know.

Next will be your doctor and insurance companies asking you if you own FFS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast