Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Wife wants to purchase a new SUV?

Need some opinions. She is looking for a SUV and has narrowed it down to a Telluride, Explorer and is also considering a Sorrento. Any other suggestions? She is not interested in Full size SUV’s. The Telluride is about as big as she would consider.

2. Member
    I would look at a Jeep GC. For me personally I would stay away from the explorer. Just got rid of a 2021 as it was turning into a rattle bucket same as my wifes 17 edge and the little 4 banger wasn't that much fun to drive. We just got a Jeep GC L and absolutly love it. It's sporty and the 4WD system in it is much better.

3. Member
    Check out the 2024 Santa Fe. Not out just yet but are making them in Montgomery.
    Don't take life so seriously no one get's out alive

4. Member
    Have her also test drive a Subaru Outback and/or Forester and she'll change her mind. For the record I own a 2018 Honda Pilot and 2012 Subaru Outback, and have owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Outback is a far superior driving and handling vehicle.

5. Member
    I am on my second Honda Pilot. Great vehicle, recommended highly.
    It is 3 row seating, rarely use the 3rd seats, tho just gives more cargo room.
    If the 3 row is not needed, then the Honda Passport is 2 row..slightly shorter.

Take a look at the Jeep Grand Cherokee Long.

Lot of value in this SUV
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

7. Member
    surprised at the Explorer remark, really like the Explorer, had one and loved it last year traded it in on a Jeep GC and the jeep is very nice but think the Explorer was much better riding, smoother, more quite, handled very well after a year my lady wants to trade the Jeep back in for another Explorer

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    surprised at the Explorer remark, really like the Explorer, had one and loved it last year traded it in on a Jeep GC and the jeep is very nice but think the Explorer was much better riding, smoother, more quite, handled very well after a year my lady wants to trade the Jeep back in for another Explorer

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

9. Member
    Don’t over look Mazda or Acura.

10. Member
    I've had multiple Explorers over the years, never any real issues.

11. Member
    Acura RDX or MDX

12. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    We currently have a Pilot but looking hard at the Telluride. Telluride is a lot of car standard for the money.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

13. Member
    If you want a highly reliable SUV for your wife I would strongly consider the Mazda CX5 (with turbo). My wife has leased three and we bought the fourth outright. All these vehicles only needed gas, oil changes and windshield wiper fluid. Not one service visit, completely problem free. I've been so impressed with Mazda over the past 14 years!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    Not apple-apple, but same. I was a Ford hater until I found a really good deal on an Expedition and bit. Ecoboost has loads of power to tow my bird, gets great fuel mileage for such a big vehicle when not towing, more amenities than I could ever use/figure out, rides like a caddy, and handles well in snow/4wd mode. Super sport mode can get a little fun too.
    2014 920/SHO

15. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okskeetertzx190 View Post
    Acura RDX or MDX
    Exactly! We have both and won’t have any other brand. RDX fun to drive and MDX is our hauler for grandkids
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

The Telluride is made right here in Lagrange GA. I do not own one but many friends drive newer ones. I rode in one going to the Gulf Coast. It was a nice ride for sure. We almost bought one but my wife did not want a full sized SUV. I wanted to look at a Sorrento but the salesman said we would not be happy with one coming out of a Lexus RX series. We ended up buying a used Infiniti QX60 off from the that Kia dealer.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I would go with any of the KIA options. We have 3 in the family and all have been fantastic. Telluride, Sorento or Santa Fe would be my pick. 100,000 power train warranty is also hard to beat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

18. Member
    We are longtime Honda fans so we went with a Pilot to haul the grandkids. No regrets.

19. Member
    We've have/had two Acura MDXs... both went over 200k miles with no issues. The first saved my son's life when a drunk driver t-boned him on the driver's side mirror and the second is going strong with 230k miles. Great vehicles.

20. Member
    Of those mentioned I'd get an Explorer. Nothing wrong with the Telluride we just liked the Explorer better when we looked awhile back. We felt the Explorer rode nicer, had more power and the ergonomics of the interior was better. I think the Kia salesman didnt help either. He said "I wouldn't tow anything with it even though it has a hitch. It's a mini van that looks like an SUV". We were like okkk.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast