Vault hubs rebuild

Guys, it's time for me to do a rebuild of my vault hubs on my 2017 Eyra tandem trailer...can someone point me to a website where I can buy new caps/bearings & seals to re do my trailer? thanks

You only need the seals, and bearings if they are worn. Otherwise a seal and existing parts should work fine. We suggest a conversion to grease when you rebuild them. Our parts department should have everything you need.

3. Member
    Read my post (#3) from this old thread regarding the seal size

.https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...ight=vault+hub
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Love to see a YouTube doing this.
    Basscat!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    Love to see a YouTube doing this.
    This is the vid that I like. I used red grease as recommended by BCB

2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

6. Member
    I performed the process I believe last January. I changed inner seals, inspected all bearings and races, repacked the bearings the old fashion way, and reassembled. I used the lucas red. But honestly use what you have had Success with!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

7. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Just did this last week on my 2017 Eyra. It’s the same as doing regular grease bearings I did the vault cap.

As long as bearings and races are not pitted, just clean old oil out and hand pack. Install new seals and go on.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

8. Member
    I did mine this spring. I don't plan of opening them back up for at least five years unless I see a reason to look. We always check for heat when we stop and I make sure I don't have any leaks regularly. I used the Lucas Red sticky grease.

9. Member
    Where did you guys buy the new seal/bearing race /o ring kit at?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    https://basscatstore.com/bearingsracessealsset.aspx
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    Unless your bearings and races have something wrong with them there is no need to replace them. I have a 2013 Puma FTD and fish fairly often. I didn't touch my hubs for ten years and when I did all they needed was cleaning and repacking along with new seals. If you haven't had water intrusion that would cause rusting or pitting on the bearing or if you aren't seeing wear on your race you are wasting money replacing the hard parts. The seal should cost around 6-8 dollars at your local parts house.

12. Member
    This^^^^^
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g2072 View Post
    Unless your bearings and races have something wrong with them there is no need to replace them. I have a 2013 Puma FTD and fish fairly often. I didn't touch my hubs for ten years and when I did all they needed was cleaning and repacking along with new seals. If you haven't had water intrusion that would cause rusting or pitting on the bearing or if you aren't seeing wear on your race you are wasting money replacing the hard parts. The seal should cost around 6-8 dollars at your local parts house.
    Thats incredible. And Im extremely jealous. I completely roast a hub at least once a season if not a couple of hubs a season. I totally expect to have to repack a hub or fit a replacement hub on my trailer at least once a season. I carry all the parts and tools to do it. Even after having the bearings repacked by a reputable trailer shop I still have had problems.

This is not normal and we ask if you are lubricating the end units between trips.

Quote Originally Posted by btribby View Post
    Thats incredible. And Im extremely jealous. I completely roast a hub at least once a season if not a couple of hubs a season. I totally expect to have to repack a hub or fit a replacement hub on my trailer at least once a season. I carry all the parts and tools to do it. Even after having the bearings repacked by a reputable trailer shop I still have had problems.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    This is not normal and we ask if you are lubricating the end units between trips.
    No. I do not have bearing buddies.

16. Member
    Let's look at it like this. Your trailer hubs/bearings are basically the same thing that is on the front of most any rear wheel drive car. How often do you see these go out. If you will actually force grease into the bearing you shouldn't have to mess with them very often. Now, you can't just shove grease in the hub and expect it to last. You have to actually pack the bearing.

I have a friend and between us we have only had one bearing issue on any boat trailer......ever, and it was a catastrophic bearing failure. We have three boats between us.

17. Member
    Sounds like you have a bent axle or spindle. I blew 2 bearings within the first 12 months of owning that boat. Replaced the axle and spindles and no more blown bearings in the next 6 years of ownership.