Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Hoosier View Post
    No disrespect, but I'm hoping to go somewhere that's on nobody's list. Last thing I want to do is retire in fishing retirement paradise and it’s severely pressured and overpopulated. I want to move to a state nobody talks about, no major influx like TN. Love TN, but way way too many people moving there.
    Yep, southeast TN is way overcrowded and “Chic” is overrated. But on the bright side all you guys are running real estate prices through the roof so it will be great when I leave.

2. Member
    Anywhere but Nashville, TN. We are full
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member
    We were in the Keowee area for a day this summer. Looked in The Cliffs neighborhoods. Beautiful area!

Quote Originally Posted by Keoweefishing View Post
    Lake Keowee, SC. My home since 2014. Adjacent to Hartwell and Jocassee.

4. Member
    I've visited Johnson City a couple times and I thought it was beautiful Spent one day trout fishing on the Holston.
    Boone and Watauga looked nice but they seemed tiny compared to what I'm used to down here. That's not necessarily bad, just very different.

Quote Originally Posted by gray7340 View Post
    Grew up fishing on Boone, South Holston, and Watauga. Both South Holston and Watauga are gorgeous lakes with good small mouth, and the trout fishing is pretty good below all 3 of them.

5. Member
    Same as Austin!!! We've become LA. I visited Chattanooga and it seemed it was headed in the same direction. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    Anywhere but Nashville, TN. We are full

6. Member
    If you find the perfect place, pm me and I'll keep it a secret!

Quote Originally Posted by Slimy Hoosier View Post
    No disrespect, but I'm hoping to go somewhere that's on nobody's list. Last thing I want to do is retire in fishing retirement paradise and its severely pressured and overpopulated. I want to move to a state nobody talks about, no major influx like TN. Love TN, but way way too many people moving there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Same as Austin!!! We've become LA. I visited Chattanooga and it seemed it was headed in the same direction. Is that correct?
    For sure!

Come on down to LaGrange GA and West Point! Growing but slowly. Very affordable housing off the lake and even lake front is not bad. Very very few VRBOs so mostly a residential lake. Recreational boat traffic is not horrible either. Eufaula, Harding and Wedowee are all a short drive away. I am a little over an hour to the ATL airport where you can get anywhere in the world and you do not have to drive through Atlanta to get there. Healthcare is good. The Gulf Coast is an easy drive too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Greenville and surrounding areas are experiencing the same issues with the explosive growth!
    I turned down a job offer in Greenville this year because of the cost of living increases, primarily due to the housing shortage from this explosive growth.

The roads certainly don't seem to be built for the current population in the area. It took forever to get anywhere it seems, albeit on a Friday afternoon.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    I turned down a job offer in Greenville this year because of the cost of living increases, primarily due to the housing shortage from this explosive growth.

The roads certainly don't seem to be built for the current population in the area. It took forever to get anywhere it seems, albeit on a Friday afternoon.
    Yes all this is 100% true unfortunately.

11. Member
    Seems like all the nice places are overcrowded with transplants from CA and up North. That's sure the problem here in TX. Austin has gone from a sleepy college town to over 2 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Yes all this is 100% true unfortunately.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post

Only one place I go to in Greenville, European Marine for annual maintenance on my Merc.

But yes, traffic sucks around there.

13. Member
    Even though I live in TX I bought my last two extended warranties from them! Good people!

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Only one place I go to in Greenville, European Marine for annual maintenance on my Merc.

But yes, traffic sucks around there.

14. Member
    Take a look at FLORENCE/KILLEN Alabama area. Lots of great fishing, large home and land tracts, great live music, easy access to Huntsville and airport.
    friendly people, low cost of living, less than 2 hours to Nashville if you must go.
    have been here 3 years and have found nothing we don’t like.

15. Member
    Prob keep that to yourself

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    We were in Beaufort this summer and I liked it. We have some concerns about hurricane risk. Realtors have told us homeowners insurance is beginning to be a big issue similar to Florida. More research to do...
    I have a friend, he moved to Aiken SC. a few years ago and loves it there . He is not far from the coast and has plenty of lakes to fish too

17. Member
    Really appreciate the input from everyone. This is a big decision and we sure don't want to screw it up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123