1998 TR21 Center Console

I have the center seat, but pulled it out so my potential Co-angler doesn't walk on it.

That got me thinking, most of the newer boats have an actual console with cupholders and such there.
    Have any of you built one or found one to install there? It would be nice to have an extra... Junk area that is water proof for sunscreen, phone, etc.
    1998 TR21 with 225 Opti 0G912442

I did not build it but my 2000 tr21 has a storage box where the center seat was

3. Member
    Bass boat seats makes a popular center step/ console. Bass pro sells the same one for about $10 less with free shipping.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    I have a 2004 Tr21 took out the center seat and put in a storage/step box, ordered it from Bass Cat boats look in the store under boat parts then seats

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Bass boat seats makes a popular center step/ console. Bass pro sells the same one for about $10 less with free shipping.
    I saw that one for $90 at my local Cabelas.

Anyone had any complaints about that one?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paddleboat View Post
    I have a 2004 Tr21 took out the center seat and put in a storage/step box, ordered it from Bass Cat boats look in the store under boat parts then seats
    Wow $350 for a carpeted box that isn't sealed with a couple cup holders. That's pretty brutal!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDood View Post
    I saw that one for $90 at my local Cabelas.

Anyone had any complaints about that one?
    Kind of small storage compared to what I was used to in other boats. But gets the job done. A lot of the clutter that was stored in there just ended up in a water proof box in another compartment. Big enough for 2 phones, wallets, and keys.
    Fish have fins, they swim

8. Member
    Well... We are coming into the winter season here. I may just get some sheet metal and bend up my own. Seems like it would be an interesting project at the least. Probably a good learning curve too!

Hopefully I can build it strong enough, yet light enough to be a step, and still a water proof compartment.

I do plan to make a couple trays for the back (bilge compartment) and the infamous Sandwich tray for the cooler too.

I guess I'll get good at bending stuff!

9. Member
    Post a pic of this sandwich tray when you get a chance
    never seen it before
    1995 Ranger 482v
    2013 Mercury Pro XS 175hp

2008 Triton Tr-21x HP

10. Member
    Sandwich tray is over rated. My sandwichs get hot by the end of the day up there.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdot_ranger482 View Post
    Post a pic of this sandwich tray when you get a chance
    never seen it before
    I don't have one. A friend does, so when I get ready to make it I'll have him shoot me a few pictures.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    Sandwich tray is over rated. My sandwichs get hot by the end of the day up there.
    How long do you go before you eat it? LOL I don't think it was intended for a Dinner time sandwich!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDood View Post
    How long do you go before you eat it? LOL I don't think it was intended for a Dinner time sandwich!
    If its a tournament I'm usually too focused on fishing to eat until noon or 1. If I'm in back of the boat I will eat all day haha. But if I'm up front I barely eat until late in the day.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    If its a tournament I'm usually too focused on fishing to eat until noon or 1. If I'm in back of the boat I will eat all day haha. But if I'm up front I barely eat until late in the day.
    I used to do the same.. or not eat. But I've found that even a quick half a sandwich here and there keeps my back from getting VERY angry. Usually I grab a soda and a half when I make a move from one spot to another.