Thread: New 20 XE

New 20 XE

About to pull the trigger on a 20 XE. Was wondering pro's, con's, speed, ride etc. TIA

2. Member
    Con? Cost. All the rest is a pro. Someone who has one will need to chime in on speed.

3. Member
    It’s a PHX hull so speeds will be similar.

4. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    We have one in stock. The speed is similar to the phx model as well as ride. Overall they’re a lot more standard options and a few more cosmetics.

5. Member
    I have one of the first that came out, I love the boat, Here is the difference in the PHX, same hull, as the PHX with the top cap of an Elite, now before someone says it still has a higher Gunnel, it does but
    reduces as you get to the trolling motor, Fiberglass console no more plastic, new push button control panel that lights up for those of us that night fish, fiberglass front shroud that you can color anyway you want and will handle direct mounting of graphs, which is what I did with two 12 inch graphs also has two trim push buttons one on starboard and one on port side that have arrows impressed in the fiberglass for up and down, I love this feature. The entire front deck is padded. No more carpet in the compartments and no rod tubes.
    both starboard and port side rod lockers have a black rubber pad in the bottom( no carpet) and all compartments are finished white gel coat fiberglass. Black rubber step pad at the bow, because the graph mount is centered. back end has seadeck type material on starboard and port side. Option for heated seats and steering wheel, I went with the seats., Fiberglass console has a shelf which lowers the graph, I have a 15''and can see over it with no problem. I am sure you could put two 12" with no problem. I love the boat, Just My opinion but Phoenix hit it out of the park with this model.

6. Member
    I am not a speed guy, I wanted a good fishing boat, so with that being said, I have a 250 SHO mounted on a 12 inch Atlas jack plate running a Yamaha 26T-2 SS prop and I am just at 10 hours I have
    gotten her to 70MPH with no problem, Jack plate was at 16 on my gauge and trim was a little over half, I also have two 10ft raptors and am running 4 Ionic Lithium batteries, I am quite sure this boat can do more
    with a different setup. But fishing is my main reason for having a bass boat, with the trolling motor down this boat is better than my old 1989 361V Ranger, and I loved that boat. And before I forget the PHX Hull is amazing in rough water, can't say enough about that.

7. Member
    Thanks for the info.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lineside View Post
    I am not a speed guy, I wanted a good fishing boat, so with that being said, I have a 250 SHO mounted on a 12 inch Atlas jack plate running a Yamaha 26T-2 SS prop and I am just at 10 hours I have
    gotten her to 70MPH with no problem, Jack plate was at 16 on my gauge and trim was a little over half, I also have two 10ft raptors and am running 4 Ionic Lithium batteries, I am quite sure this boat can do more
    with a different setup. But fishing is my main reason for having a bass boat, with the trolling motor down this boat is better than my old 1989 361V Ranger, and I loved that boat. And before I forget the PHX Hull is amazing in rough water, can't say enough about that.
    A 26” T2 is a lot of prop for that hull. What rpm’s are you getting

9. Member
    RPM Gauge showed 5700, It is a 3 blade and boat has a great hole shot and jumps out quickly, You are not the first person to tell me the prop might be too big, Anyone running a 250 SHO
    have any prop suggestions? Thanks in advance.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lineside View Post
    RPM Gauge showed 5700, It is a 3 blade and boat has a great hole shot and jumps out quickly, You are not the first person to tell me the prop might be too big, Anyone running a 250 SHO
    have any prop suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Yeah you're only about 400 rpm's off.

Make sure when you check RPM that you do it from a NEMA connection or Yamaha digital gauges - those read direct from the motor where the stock gauges are frequently off. I’d say 24-25p stock and I ran a 26 when I had it flashed.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

12. Member
    Thank You ThomasD and Meleagris1, I was already planning to take my 20XE back to the dealer after the fall season to take a look at the left gauge, but after receiving both your input I am concerned the
    right gauge may also have problems. When I ordered the boat I ordered Yamaha digital gauges. Phoenix installed two round Yamaha digital gauges. As I was breaking
    in the motor the left gauge only indicated gas level in the tank, no mph, no gas usage. I used the GPS speed on my console graph so that was not an issue. However
    when the gauge indicated about a quarter of a tank, there was actually over half a tank in the boat, that is a problem and I let my dealer know about it. Now I don't know
    if I can trust the right side gauge for RPM's and TRIM because the numbers are not adding up and I don't want to red line a brand new engine. As far as the prop is concerned
    I only ordered a SHO prop for the boat, either Phoenix sent that size prop or my dealer put it on, either way, that is an easier fix. Thanks again for the help.