Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Active Target not working

Hey guys,
    My buddy gave me an active target 1 to see if I could get it to work. It stopped working on his boat so he sent in the transducer and module to lowrance. He didn’t want to wait on it to be repaired so he bought an active target 2. Lowrance sent it back and said nothing is wrong with it and that the software needed to be updated. I installed it on my boat. Updated the software on my HDS live and I updated the software on the active target 1. Everything is hooked up right all of the lights on the module are on and they are correct according to the manual. I have everything setup right on my hds live. Could it be a bad Ethernet cable? Seems like the Ethernet cable would be good since I was able to send the update to the module. All I am getting is “fuzz” that goes across the screen. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    Downgrade the AT1 software to Ver 22.1
    On the HDS go to Pages, System and hit Restore Defaults. Don’t select or deselect anything just do the Restore. Should be fine after that. Also suggest a search in this forum. Extensive discussion about this topic here as well as on YouTube.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    I sent you a pm If it says no source it will be a selection in at menu good luck.
    Wes

4. Member
    It didn’t work with 22.1 either

5. Member
    Did you Restore Defaults?
    2B112175

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Did you Restore Defaults?
    Just to make sure I am clear on this. You’re saying the restoring defaults will downgrade the software back to 22.1 right?

7. Member
    No. They are two separate steps. Downgrade software to 22.1 on the Active Target and Restore Defaults on the unit. Two different things. I provided instructions in post #2.
    2B112175

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    No. They are two separate steps. Downgrade software to 22.1 on the Active Target and Restore Defaults on the unit. Two different things. I provided instructions in post #2.
    Thanks. I’ll try that.

9. Member
    Have you checked the Yellow wire on the power cord? I must have 12 volts to turn on the box, are the lights on the box ON? You can twist the yellow and red wire together to a switch so you can turn off the box when not in use or Run the Yellow to a switch on the off side and 12 volts to the other so you can turn off the box when powered up. IN either case that AT box will not work without 12 volts to the yellow wire and many installers personal or "professional" Miss this function. if Lowrance says it works and your buddy can't get it to work then the only Logical conclusion is a very bad Install.

10. Member
    I have tried the 22.1 software version and restored defaults and it didn't work. Tried the latest software version and it didn't work. Everything is installed correctly including the yellow wire. All lights on module are correct. When I turn my active target on it doesn't say no source. It is just a black screen with "fuzz" going across it. It will not pick up the bottom no matter what depth. I noticed last night when I turned my active target on there is no ticking/pinging noise coming from the AT transducer. It's like it is recognizing the transducer but the transducer is not pinging.
    Last edited by Catch5 060708; 10-11-2023 at 09:53 AM.

11. Member
    Send us photos of the transducer install, and of the box, and a screenshot of what you are seeing. This is importance for diagnosis via internet.
    ciao,
    Marc

12. Member
    Will do. I really enjoy your youtube channel. I have been watching a lot of your videos. Thanks for all the great info!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Send us photos of the transducer install, and of the box, and a screenshot of what you are seeing. This is importance for diagnosis via internet.
    Will do. I have watched alot of your videos on youtube. Thanks for all of the great info!

14. Member
    Bump to see what the problem was. I am having a similar issue.

Thanks

15. Member
    The op never really said what update he did There are 3 different 23.3 updates and if you don't have the one with 32or33 at the end you are not updated both on the HDS and the AT Module.

16. Member
    I have replaced the Ethernet cable with a brand new one. Still didn’t work.

Updated the AT with 23.3-67.3.32 Updated the HDS Live with 23.3-67.3.33 Still didn’t work.

All of my lights on my module are indicating correctly (confirmed by Marc Marcantonio)

I took off my transducer and plugged it into a different AT module on a different boat and it WORKED.

Even though it is not saying no source… I feel like my HDS LIVE it is not “seeing” the AT transducer. Is there a step I have missed in the settings of the HDS LIVE?

Thanks for the help in advance.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catch5 060708 View Post
    I have replaced the Ethernet cable with a brand new one. Still didn’t work.

Updated the AT with 23.3-67.3.32 Updated the HDS Live with 23.3-67.3.33 Still didn’t work.

All of my lights on my module are indicating correctly (confirmed by Marc Marcantonio)

I took off my transducer and plugged it into a different AT module on a different boat and it WORKED.

Even though it is not saying no source… I feel like my HDS LIVE it is not “seeing” the AT transducer. Is there a step I have missed in the settings of the HDS LIVE?

Thanks for the help in advance.
    The Live unit will not "see" the transducer. It gets info from the AT box through the ethernet to display an image on the screen.

18. Member
    Gotcha. Got any ideas of what I can do?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catch5 060708 View Post
    Gotcha. Got any ideas of what I can do?
    Since you are not getting the "no source" message, it sounds like the box is sending something to the Live. The transducer worked with another box, maybe there is an issue with the transducer connection on the box, or something internal in the box related to the transducer signal. Good luck.

20. Member
    Shot in the dark check ADVANCED FEATURES and is ACTIVE TARGET on..Or
    bad ethernet cable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast