Need help finding carpet adhesive

Good Ol State of NY has banned Dap wildwood all weather adhesive, ( I can get the original Henry contact cement pictured below ) Henry 363 is like trying to find a damn Unicorn. What glue can I use? or local hardware stores carry the Henry 663 or Roberts 6700. Boat is stripped and carpet all precut, just can't seem to get my hands on the correct adhesive..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chsapeak; 10-03-2023 at 04:01 AM.

2. Member
    I ordered the all weather adhesive on amazon, What would happen if you tried that? Does Amazon know New York banned it. It would probably come in a box and no one would be the wiser.
    Todd Kress
    1993 150HP XRI 17 pitch worked Tempest Plus
    OD232323
    1993 Procraft 200 combo

Check with one of your local carpet stores. A lot of them that I used to sell to carried installation supplies and may sell you exactly what their carpet layers are using. I'm not familiar with the NY laws but sometime those real toxic and flammable adhesives are only available to contractors and only in larger quantities . I used to rep Formica and TACC adhesives and I remember we could only sell the Formica 100 contact adhesive to contractors. That stuff was extremely flammable and would search out any open flame. There had been a lawsuit from a DIY'er who got it on her hands and the fumes found the hot water tank pilot light and severely burn her hands. Things like that are why states as well as adhesives makers are backing out of some of those products. Twenty years ago they had me really pushing the water based stuff that noooooobody liked.

Good luck on your project.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

4. Member
    I've used Roberts before and it held up well but I did use weldwood on the edges of compartment lids. The first time I did carpet by myself was tough with contact cement. Used Roberts the second two times and it came out fine and gave me some time to position. Don't put it on too thick and make sure you give it a week to cure to be safe.

5. Member
    I just looked, Home Depot here in Rochester NY not only sells it, but has a lot in stock. Just checked Poughkeepsie Home Depot, they have 5 in stock. I think someone gave you some bad info, there is no ban.
    Last edited by jerzia; 10-03-2023 at 10:24 AM.

6. Member
    Jerzia,

That's the original contact cement not the "all-weather". That pic I posted above is what they carry and what I ended up using.. Am I missing something or are you finding the "all-weather"

7. Member
    I thought you wanted what is pictured, that was s what I used and all I've ever seen sold. I looked up the all weather and it's not a NY thing, hardly anyone sells it. You can get it on Amazon I suppose, but everyone I've seen use Weldwood, uses the original.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I thought you wanted what is pictured, that was s what I used and all I've ever seen sold. I looked up the all weather and it's not a NY thing, hardly anyone sells it. You can get it on Amazon I suppose, but everyone I've seen use Weldwood, uses the original.
    Thank You.. : ) Going with the original

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    Thank You.. : ) Going with the original
    A little tip in case you didn't know, get yourself a handheld J roller for seams, laminate etc from any home goods store (Lowes, Home Depot) It will help mate the two glued surfaces much better.

10. Member
    You want the weldwood in the blue and white can, Or find some birdsong.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR