9/29 Viking 9/30 Anita, 17.83lb

I got of work a little early Friday and hit Viking. Started 1pm and fished till 6:30. It was very windy and hot! Pretty much fished a bladed jig and had 2 keepers and probably 10-12ish fish total. Today 30th for on Anita stared 6ish very dark but I’m an early riser lol. Tried a top water on some flats nothing there. Moved to some scattered rocks and got a few on the sq-bill. The wind was making it tough.. moved on to the normal Anita stuff but nothing really going… oh but then I found something I have never done and had luck at Anita with. For the next hour I was catching them cast after cast. Nothing really big but 3’s and some 3 1/2lb was crazy fun best 5 was 17.83.. my best day this year at Anita!! I’m not sure if I learned something I can use at other lake? Maybe.. I have 2 day off this week and am going to fish as much as I can hopefully 3 days 👍

2. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Congrats on a good day catchin. You know you gotta spill the beans on the new bait/technique now right?

3. Member
    Lol!! So not really a new bait to me, most serious bass fishermen have this bait.(at least this style, probably not this brand though) Here’s a tip. I bought it in the ozarks, it cost $30, you got to have the right rod and reel to do it right…. Any body got a guess?
    I think it might surprise you guys If I tell you.

4. Member
    Nobody has a guess what bait it was? Lol if one person guess I’ll post a picture on the bait that was so good that morning.

5. Member
    Swim bait
    2010 FX Skeeter

6. Member
    Pretty good guess and I’ve got lots of those and had some good catches but Saturday it was…….. A megabass Big M 7.5 deep diving crank bait. Really crazy I have never had a 18ft deep bite this good, really opened my eyes that I might need to do a few things differently in the next few weeks to see if it happens again.
    For some reason I can’t post a picture of the bait on bbc right now?

7. Member
    I figured out how to post pictures again. I said I would post a picture of the magic bait and here it is. Sorry it’s late.
    IMG_2993.jpeg

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Damn, love my megabass but that’s pricy for a 25 foot crank. Probably blow out my elbow cranking that!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    It is one of the easiest Crankbait to pull. Very tight wobble.

10. Member
    And yeah at $29 bucks they will make you cry when you lose them!!

11. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    And yeah at $29 bucks they will make you cry when you lose them!!
    Its not the price of the crankbait that makes me cringe, its the $400 I'd have to spend for the new combo to throw it. . .