1999 mercury 175 efi S# 0g944201

Need to find a 2-stroke mechanic, NC or SC close to me.
    , alarm goes beep,beep,beeps, new water pump, now doing what is designed to do. checked thermostats and they are good, I am at a loss of what to do, I saw where 3 possible causes could be , 1 have check fuel separator , I changed it yesterday, 2 water in the VST tank , going to do that today , 3 is to check the oil pump , not quite sure on how to do that but I am going to check what I can , now it does have a used ECM from a 200 and it been jam up , I have been dealing with this for the past 3 weeks and physically not able to do a lot now.
    thanks ahead of time.

2. Member
    European Marine, Board sponsor and Mercury Boards Moderator is almost in your backyard.

https://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=25262

I'd Rather be Fishing

3. Member
    ^That’s your answer.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

4. Member
    yep
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    If your alarm is several (3-4?) distinct beeps at periodic intervals (once every minute or so), that isn't a temperature alarm, it's an oil level alarm. Comes from the float switch in the oil tank not sensing a full reservoir. Just went through that this spring as the wires coming out of the cap finally failed after 25 years. A new cap with float switch fixed that problem. Had to manually top off the reservoir to complete the repair.

An over-temp fault is a hard, continuous alarm.

6. Member
    ^^^^^ solid tone overheat
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    I have checked the oiler drive shaft, and it is turning, how often does that sensor go bad for the oiler, I know I should go ahead and buy another motor, but funds are not there. I can take out the sensor and it don't beep at all, but a soon as I reinstall it, alarms beeps.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    They do sometimes fail. New sensor should come with the bearing/magnet- be sure to install the NEW one with the sensor.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    +1 replaced several motion sensors