Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    That is awesome!!
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

Well not so fast on Phoenix. Pretty annoyed with them. They gave me 3 options to decide from, I chose a new hull. Now they told methey are going to repair the old hull. Why ask what I wanted to decide what they wanted?

3. Member
    My experience was not all roses! Theresa IS hard to work with. I chose the phoenix over a new beeline hull or rebuild just because of resale. I hated to go back in debt as my boat was paid for but just seemed like my best option. I own a Caymas now and have been pleased with it so far. If I can afford it my next will be a Basscat just for quality sakes!

Quote Originally Posted by bassbandit1 View Post
    My experience was not all roses! Theresa IS hard to work with. I chose the phoenix over a new beeline hull or rebuild just because of resale. I hated to go back in debt as my boat was paid for but just seemed like my best option. I own a Caymas now and have been pleased with it so far. If I can afford it my next will be a Basscat just for quality sakes!
    I am dealing with Tim. I understand they are trying to do this at the lowest cost possible. But the should of looked more into it before the gave me the options they did. So they feel it isn't as bad as we thought and they are comfortable with just repairing it. I said fine as lone as the life time hull warranty is still in effect.

5. Member
    Tim was super nice. He sent me a nice care package for my troubles! They told me when I got my phoenix that it had an underlayment to prevent this from happening on the new models. This was in 2016. This underlayment was not to prevent hull blisters but to prevent water intrusion once you get the blisters! If a person lives close to the lake and the trailer bunks don't have time to dry on the way home after a few years of that, I would be willing to say they have them!

That’s great to hear. Just picked up a 2021 21PHX this past weekend

Update. So after talking to Tim I reluctantly agreed to repair instead of new hull. Still have the lifetime hull warranty. They feel
    it looks worse than what it is and comfortable with just repairing it. Just want my boat back.

Rather pleased with the communication from Tim. Weekly updates every Friday on the progress. They finished the inside. Repaired livewells, gas tank area. And now they have flipped it over and working on the hull.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BEE2100 View Post
    Rather pleased with the communication from Tim. Weekly updates every Friday on the progress. They finished the inside. Repaired livewells, gas tank area. And now they have flipped it over and working on the hull.

BEE, did they have to split the hull and cap?
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

10. Member
    I don't know anything about the legal obligations of Phoenix as it relates to a Beeline hull but this is a good story. More then I would have expected.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

11. Member
    That is a pretty good deal in my book for a boat that old.

Update. So after talking to Tim I reluctantly agreed to repair instead of new hull. Still have the lifetime hull warranty. They feel
    it looks worse than what it is and comfortable with just repairing it. Just want my boat back.
    Any updates on this

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Sorry been busy. Expecting to get my boat back middle of December. They have found other issues and been fixing everything they find.Also have added a driver tie down for me. Will report back when I get here back.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbandit1 View Post
    Tim was super nice. He sent me a nice care package for my troubles! They told me when I got my phoenix that it had an underlayment to prevent this from happening on the new models. This was in 2016. This underlayment was not to prevent hull blisters but to prevent water intrusion once you get the blisters! If a person lives close to the lake and the trailer bunks don't have time to dry on the way home after a few years of that, I would be willing to say they have them!
    That was the first thing I did when I bought my 2020 Phoenix was ditch the carpeted bunks!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    That was the first thing I did when I bought my 2020 Phoenix was ditch the carpeted bunks!
    I learned too late in my build process that a gatorback option existed. But, I put some on myself even before I'd loaded my boat 5 times. I'm used to gatorbacks as I had the originals on my prior boat. the new XP models are even better. Bunks are bone dry before I finish my 10min commute home from the ramp
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

16. Member
    I need to get some gator backs myself.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

17. Member
    So can you or can you not power load with the gator backs?

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I need to get some gator backs myself.
    use code BBCGATOR10 when you get ready

https://drewcraft.com/product/gatorbaks-phx/
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn Guide View Post
    So can you or can you not power load with the gator backs?
    with the XPs you can if you have to it will not hurt them but they need to be wet, best to back in wet the bunks and pull up, usually will slide right up and only need a slight bump of the throttle or can be winched up that last few inches
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    I learned too late in my build process that a gatorback option existed. But, I put some on myself even before I'd loaded my boat 5 times. I'm used to gatorbacks as I had the originals on my prior boat. the new XP models are even better. Bunks are bone dry before I finish my 10min commute home from the ramp
    I am in the process of ordering a 721 or 920 Elite, what were you quoted for Gatorbax for your boat. I was not even told this was an option.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast