Praying Apex 19" at bow Ranger 518 "C"

Hello Fellas;

Finally I've bought an Apex 19 for bow , I know the majority of people would have gone with 2x12" units but it has been a very good deal which I can't pass...

Currently I'm running a Solix 12 G2 at bow which I'm planning to move to dash.

I would like to ask you your opinions about the rigging.

I'm going to attach some pictures for better understanding but the "issue" is if install it a bow plate using a BBC riser which I think will be too tight or mount it over a trolling motor pedal using a bridge and centering the unit to the recessed pedal, keeping the bow more clean and with more room for board/disembark.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Lost in Desert.......Help
    That's the hard part.

Not tripping over it getting into and out of the boat over the front.

When fishing by myself I like the room on the starboard side to step into and out of the boat and not have the stuff in the way.

Best,

BRNut

3. Member
    You’re going to lose 10 mile an hour with that parachute on the nose of your boat
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BRNut View Post
    That's the hard part.

Not tripping over it getting into and out of the boat over the front.

When fishing by myself I like the room on the starboard side to step into and out of the boat and not have the stuff in the way.

Best,

BRNut
    I cured the potential tripping hazard with boat steps

5. Member
    I have a 19 inch on a 492VS. The base mount is centered over the foot pedal. This was a mount made for two to three control heads to be mounted side by side. The plate to which the control heads attach was placed with its left edge even with the left edge of the foot pedal base plate. The 19 inch head had to be mounted offset to the right due to clearance issues with trolling motor. The excess plate to which the 19 inch screen was attached was cut off. I still have room to step onboard on the right side of the 19 inch screen. I have steps — the days of coming onboard at the bow are long gone.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoufellow View Post
    I have a 19 inch on a 492VS. The base mount is centered over the foot pedal. This was a mount made for two to three control heads to be mounted side by side. The plate to which the control heads attach was placed with its left edge even with the left edge of the foot pedal base plate. The 19 inch head had to be mounted offset to the right due to clearance issues with trolling motor. The excess plate to which the 19 inch screen was attached was cut off. I still have room to step onboard on the right side of the 19 inch screen. I have steps — the days of coming onboard at the bow are long gone.
    Could you send me or post some pictures please?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    Vas a perder 10 millas por hora con ese paracaídas en la proa de tu barco

If I had gone 12"x2 I will have loss more
    Last edited by Fran87; 09-22-2023 at 09:23 AM.

8. Member
    I have 2 16” graphs on my bow. An Apex and a Garmin. They are big, but so much fun to use. You can actually see the fish on a 360. Is it overkill. It sure is. I can also plug my HDMI cable into the back and stream college or the NFL! Added benefit.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDonkeyHunter View Post
    I have 2 16” graphs on my bow. An Apex and a Garmin. They are big, but so much fun to use. You can actually see the fish on a 360. Is it overkill. It sure is. I can also plug my HDMI cable into the back and stream college or the NFL! Added benefit.
    Could you send me some pics please?