Thread: Seviin Reels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seviin Reels

Anybody check these out yet?

SEVIIN Reels – SeVIIn Reels

2. Member
    No but it looks like a Doyo reel to me. Probably comparable to a similarly priced Lews, Abu Garcia or BPS reel is my guess. I would assume that they’re decent. Website says that it’s a St Croix company

Waiting for TW to ship mine...
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    A little pricey for a graphite frame reel imo

5. #FRB
    I'll stick with Shimano.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    I fished with one of the Pro Staffers on Sunday, and used several of his on different rod setups. They are pretty nice, smooth, and light. If I were in the market for new reels, I would give them a look for sure at comparable price points.

7. Member
    They are St Croixs attempt to break into the reel market. What’s interesting is they made a comment that “they aren’t going to compete with Shimano and Daiwa”. I mean at least they’re honest with themselves.

But leads me to believe they are just rebadged reels like the rest of the other brands out there.. whether they’re Doyo (Lews, Abu, Pflueger, BPS), Banax (Quantum & Okuma), or Haibo (ardent & Piscifun) I’m not sure

https://angling-international.com/20...ed-into-reels/
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

8. Member
    Anybody remember St. Croix first reels they made?

9. Member
    As many St. Croix rods as I have there will not be any St. Croix reels yet. Still like my Curados and Bates'.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    They are St Croixs attempt to break into the reel market. What’s interesting is they made a comment that “they aren’t going to compete with Shimano and Daiwa”. I mean at least they’re honest with themselves.

But leads me to believe they are just rebadged reels like the rest of the other brands out there.. whether they’re Doyo (Lews, Abu, Pflueger, BPS), Banax (Quantum & Okuma), or Haibo (ardent & Piscifun) I’m not sure

That article seems to indicate they are not just "rebadged" but are their own design. Maybe working with some of the same component manufacturers, but doesn't sound like it's someone else's design. And Shimano & Daiwa having 80% market share tells you why no new company would say they were going to compete directly with them! I trust St Croix to put out a quality product so I'm willing to try it out. And I like their warranty policy:

Another decision that will surprise and impress customers is that St. Croix is not going to repair reels. It will simply replace them. “The faster we can get a reel back in customers’ hands, the happier they will be. Their satisfaction with our products is our only measure of success as a brand.”
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com

Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Weren't those just rebranded Daiwa reels?
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I'll stick with Shimano.
    This

13. Member
    They look like a decent reel at a reasonable price, but unless you're just a deadfast "St. Croix Man" I don't know why you would buy this over any of the more established brands.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post

Not going to compete with diawa / shimano reads to me as, "We are just gonna rebadge a doyo reel and not really invest any many into research or development".

The reel market is getting almost as strange as the rod market, more and more brands keep popping up so the margins must be pretty good.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

15. Member
    It's a Banax reel. I'm sure it works fine, but so do all $120 reels. Nothing new or exciting. And yes, the old St. Croix reels were Daiwa.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    As many St. Croix rods as I have there will not be any St. Croix reels yet. Still like my Curados
    Same...and a few chronarchs
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

17. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Not going to compete with diawa / shimano reads to me as, "We are just gonna rebadge a doyo reel and not really invest any many into research or development".

The reel market is getting almost as strange as the rod market, more and more brands keep popping up so the margins must be pretty good.
    Well, St. Croix is known for their rods and would have a tough ladder to climb to have the following Shimano and Daiwa has in the reel market. I know if I wasn't a diehard Shimano guy I'd probably have mostly Daiwa reels in my boat. Seems one rod and reel brand/re-badger in particular will sponsor just about anyone willing to wear a patch on their jersey and I find that comical for some sick reason.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

I don't see the market for these rod companies to have their own reels. If you are at the level of fishing that you seek out a rod like St croix, you probably are aware of the reels with solid reputations. I understand you could sell at the box store level buyer, rather unaware of the martket...

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    I believe it was a rod/reel all made into one unit. I'll have to check my stock to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    A little pricey for a graphite frame reel imo
    Not to mention only 5 ball bearings.
    Woody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast