Thread: Seviin Reels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    That article seems to indicate they are not just "rebadged" but are their own design. Maybe working with some of the same component manufacturers, but doesn't sound like it's someone else's design. And Shimano & Daiwa having 80% market share tells you why no new company would say they were going to compete directly with them! I trust St Croix to put out a quality product so I'm willing to try it out. And I like their warranty policy:

Another decision that will surprise and impress customers is that St. Croix is not going to repair reels. It will simply replace them. “The faster we can get a reel back in customers’ hands, the happier they will be. Their satisfaction with our products is our only measure of success as a brand.”
    Yea, but they only have a one year warranty. That's about 6 months up here.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    They do make a SW setup called Sole. Have two of them for the pilgrimage to FL every winter and they are pretty decent for the $$$$.

3. Member
    They are nothing special, but they do appear to be a good value for the money. Companies like to continue to "build their brand", and that's why you see so many rod companies adding reels, fishing line, etc. to their assortment. It's not hard to find a source to manufacture those products and it will help them grow their sales. This also allows them to become a player in the combo market which is a big chunk of all rod/reel sales and very profitable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12