Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Fiberglass Model?

Anyone know if Vexus is going to refresh their VX 20 or 21 any time soon? Seems like they are relatively unchanged since they were released. Would be nice if they got rid of that silver badge on the side. Is it easy to take that off, or can you order them without that?

The boat can be ordered any way you want it. Don’t like the badge either. I wish they come out with an 18 or 19 fr glass boat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Rarely see a Vexus glass boat on the water,don't seem like they sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger04 View Post

5. Member
    we have a local dealer but rarely if ever see one local
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    See quite a few up here in Bass and Walleye boats. Like said, you can personalize them exactly how you want.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

7. Member
    Laugh all you want but bottom line their glass boat sales are weak and many say the same thing as I do,we don't see Vexus glass boats on the lakes.Their butt ugly which might have something to do with it.Now Vexus aluminum boats look great and I do see some of them.

8. Member
    Laugh all you want but bottom line their glass boat sales are weak and many say the same thing as I do,we don't see Vexus glass boats on the lakes.Their butt ugly which might have something to do with it.Now Vexus aluminum boats look great and I do see some of them.
    Tell us how you really feel...LOL. What is your favorite food and color? Oh, that color is ugly....hmmmm. Personal choices!

The glass boats are pricey compared to Skeeter, Phoenix, Ranger, Basscat etc. So you wont see as many. Vexus targets a more affluent buyer. The Aluminum boat line up is the bread and butter.
    Having said that the Vexus VX line are the best built boat on the market bar none. Also the best riding boat period! Nothing comes close! This is why they are so popular on the great lakes. Looks is in the eye of the beholder. They look pretty bad ass in person.
    Throw in the best customer service in the business and Vexus is not going anywhere.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    The glass boats are pricey compared to Skeeter, Phoenix, Ranger, Basscat etc. So you wont see as many. Vexus targets a more affluent buyer. The Aluminum boat line up is the bread and butter.
    Having said that the Vexus VX line are the best built boat on the market bar none. Also the best riding boat period! Nothing comes close! This is why they are so popular on the great lakes. Looks is in the eye of the beholder. They look pretty bad ass in person.
    Throw in the best customer service in the business and Vexus is not going anywhere.
    I agree. I do not think they are going anywhere.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I’ve not seen a Vexus glass boat on Smith Mountain Lake but definitely have seen some of their aluminum boats, we don’t have a nearby dealer. Saw my first Caymas last weekend. Given the proliferation of $250k wake boats I don’t think it’s due to a lack of money but from a lack of a local dealer.

12. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

Didn't realize we had industry experts on this forum.
    So how many fiberglass boats did vexus sale in the last year ?

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

13. Member
    I have a VX20, I get tons of compliments from people when they see it. I love the boat and it rides great. You have your opinion, but I don't agree with what you said. Not everyone thinks they are ugly. We see them all over up here in the Lake Erie area. You will find that the VX20 is right in line with other 20 ft bass boats on the market. Mine was right in line price wise with Ranger, Skeeter. I looked at all of them. The price was right in line.

14. Member
    I have a vx21 people alway telling me how good it look. It fishes very well air ride seat are easy on the back in lots of boat traffic. Vexus customer service is very good alway taking care of the customer when I get tired of this one I’ll buy another vx.

15. Member
    All premium glass boats are pricey and they are within a few thousand depending on accessories/electronics. Vexus glass boats are not going anywhere and I never stop for gas without someone coming over telling me how sharp the boat looks (I have a VX20). We have lots of Vexus boats in my area. Vexus is the best riding/handling boat I've ever had. Really wonder where some folks that have issues with Vexus get their data.

For the Vexus owners: I’m thinking about moving from a Ranger Z521c to a Vexus VX21. I fish mostly Ontario, Erie, Champlain etc. How does the boat perform in rough water - say, 3-4 footers coming at you from different angles? Is the bow lift good? Does it land soft or hard? I know Ken Smith had some reservations or concerns when he tested the VX20 and some other boats a few years ago. I’m a lot more concerned with ride in rough water than top-end speed. Thanks very much!

17. Member
    I came from a ranger 520c then a ranger 521c I loved the 521c until I bought the vx21 it handles and rides great with a rev 4 mine runs 67mph with 250hp that prop is awesome on these boats.I tan I fury 4 blade 23 for a while and it was a good prop but rev 4 in a 21 pitch is great the ride is great and dry plenty of storage really can’t think of anything I’d change.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    For the Vexus owners: I’m thinking about moving from a Ranger Z521c to a Vexus VX21. I fish mostly Ontario, Erie, Champlain etc. How does the boat perform in rough water - say, 3-4 footers coming at you from different angles? Is the bow lift good? Does it land soft or hard? I know Ken Smith had some reservations or concerns when he tested the VX20 and some other boats a few years ago. I’m a lot more concerned with ride in rough water than top-end speed. Thanks very much!
    I own a VX 21 and understand what Ken was saying. The boat is very front heavy, as it is long and heavy in the front. It takes a little time to get use to, but is definitely manageable. It rides very well in rough water. The other day I was going 50mph in 3 footers and the person I was with told me it was the fastest he had ever ridden and it was not a bad ride at all.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    I am switching from BassCat Puma FTD to Vexus DVX20s. I fish Lake Erie almost exclusively. Love the Bass Cat but the ride in the DVX is softer. The body isn't able to absorb the waves like it used to. Not apples to apples but giving you my perspective.

Thanks very much guys - I really appreciate the info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast