Thread: Minnow bubbler.

Minnow bubbler.

Has anyone ever used a battery powered bubbler in there live well to help add oxygen to the water? I wonder if it would help?what are your guys thoughts?

2. Member
    I did that on an older boat when I had issues with the built in bubbler. Didn’t look great but it actually worked very well. I think Injsed a 12V Mr. Bubbles aerator but I could be wrong on the brand. It was quite a while ago.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

I have a buddy whose aerator isn't working consistently in his old tin boat. Accessing the pump to replace it involves a lot of work, to put it mildly. He went to using a Rapala bubbler to get through the rest of the season and has generally been happy with it. It's kept his fish alive after he lost one that nearly cost him a win when the aerator started acting up.

That said, if you have working pumps and can pump in fresh water or recirculate the water in the livewell, I don't believe the bubbler would add any additional benefit. I suppose it probably wouldn't hurt, either!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    I added one to my factory 15 gallon live well. Seems to help a lot

5. Member
    Thanks for the response guy. I have a z18 and everything is working good on it. But I saw them at bass pro and thought if they would help for a tournament it might be ok. One thing I like doing is filling up my live well at my house (well water no chlorine in that) it’s nice and cool clean water, add g-juice than run recirculat. I’ll do that for fun fishing than if I need a picture I’ll put fish in there till I have camera/scale ready….. for tournaments I run the nasty lake water and just run on fill most of the day. Seems that works out too. It just doesn’t look good with all that scummy water it there. Lol