Thread: Spoon Fishing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Original Hopkins for me, been using them since the 80’s. Also have a few Little George’s left that I’ll use from time to time.

That is a Hopkins spoon in the video I believe. It has been so long since I purchased them I could not remember. I replaced the treble with a feather tail treble hook.

Flutter spoons in 3,4,abd 5" mostly. Have some that are bigger as well.

4. Member
    I keep a Hopkins spoon tied on in the winter.

5. Member
    There was a lake in Maine we nick named lake stupid. 100 fish days were stupid easy. If you could run a buzzbait over the eel grass you got bit nearly every cast. When the wind blew and the grass clogged your buzzbait we fished a weedless Johnson Silver spoon tailed with a white grub and still caught them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I want my lure back....

I hated after breaking off on my last rattling jig of a certain kind years ago, I never could find another one of the kind. Even sit at a local bait shop and looked through different suppliers books the lady had, since she took the store over after her husband died. And no luck.
    It's no fun losing a Ben Parker big spoon to a alligator. And I did 3 over time, and only have 1 left. Lost different big baits the same way. Don't remember ever having them on small baits, but the ex wife would.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12