Thread: Praying

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    I didn't see the answer to the fullest, who wrote Jonah?

The story likely originated from Jonah. He probably told it to people who told it to people who……You get the idea….. until someone was inspired to write it down. That’s essentially how most ancient stories were passed down. Those in the Bible and those that aren’t - like the Iliad and the Odyssey!

2. Member
    I didn't see the answer to the fullest, who wrote Jonah?
    How would that change the situation explaining the repentance by the king of Nineveh affecting God's actions?

Again, another foolish excuse because it does not fit your needs, and if who wrote Jonah means that much to you, you should take the time to research it.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    How would that change the situation explaining the repentance by the king of Nineveh affecting God's actions?

Again, another foolish excuse because it does not fit your needs, and if who wrote Jonah means that much to you, you should take the time to research it.
    I was giving you another question to zig zag, dodge, and sweep under the rug. I know the answer to the question "who wrote Jonah" and you know the answer too.

Rexico,

Our current denomination that we are separating from is Christian Reformed.

5. Member
    Actually I have ask a pastor. I am assuming that this page falls under "anyone else".
    It is obvious that you posted this question in this forum. Just to be a bit more clear, I was asking if you ask your pastor or anyone else, other than the members of this forum. Also, it may be helpful to others if you shared any response you received to the question, other than the response in this forum.

6. Member
    I know the answer to the question "who wrote Jonah" and you know the answer too.
    If you know the answer to your question 'who wrote Jonah", why didn't you share it with us? and second, why are you wasting our time with it? since I can assure you that some day when you are before God, He is not going to ask you this question, but where is your relationship with Christ? that is the question you need to worry about having the correct answer.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GPtimes2 View Post
    Rexico, as a Christian, how do you reconcile these things in your own mind and feelings? Can you elaborate? I think a lot of atheist say, "I can't believe in a God who would do/allow such things". And a lot of Christians say " I just trust God knows what he is doing", or "I don't have a right to question God", or some things to those effects. Some people it bothers a little, some a lot, some not at all. For myself, I don't like those things either, but it is no hindrance to me. God doesn't need anyone to defend him (it's way above our pay grade). I would just tell someone, "You have to ask him. I love him (all 3 representations of himself) and can't hardly wait to be with him. I know it will all make since in the end and I can wait for the understanding". Don't let those things (frustrations?) dampen the joy you can have now (if they are).
    I don't think God does any of those kind of things.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted-LA View Post
    It is obvious that you posted this question in this forum. Just to be a bit more clear, I was asking if you ask your pastor or anyone else, other than the members of this forum. Also, it may be helpful to others if you shared any response you received to the question, other than the response in this forum.
    I have not ask anyone else not on this forum. Don't you think this forum is a good example of responses I would receive?
    Last edited by rexico; 09-25-2023 at 06:18 PM.

9. Banned
    If you know the answer to your question 'who wrote Jonah", why didn't you share it with us? and second, why are you wasting our time with it? since I can assure you that some day when you are before God, He is not going to ask you this question, but where is your relationship with Christ? that is the question you need to worry about having the correct answer.
    My answer is I don't know. Can you give your answer for all to see?

10. Member
    Rex, I would still like to see your answer to post #55.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

11. Member
    My answer is I don't know. Can you give your answer for all to see?
    "I don't know" is not going to be an acceptable answer on your relationship with Christ on that day you stand before God, and based of your posts and answers given, it is clear you do not have any relationship with the Father or the Son.
    You can go through life and BS your way through it, but on that day, none of which you are shoveling is going to save you, so there is my answer for all to see in hope that they know where their relationship with Christ is before that day.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Rex, I would still like to see your answer to post #55.
    That pastor is dead. His answer was God doesn't like questions.

13. Banned
    "I don't know" is not going to be an acceptable answer on your relationship with Christ on that day you stand before God, and based of your posts and answers given, it is clear you do not have any relationship with the Father or the Son.
    You can go through life and BS your way through it, but on that day, none of which you are shoveling is going to save you, so there is my answer for all to see in hope that they know where their relationship with Christ is before that day.

Who wrote Jonah?

14. Member
    I have not ask anyone else not on this forum. Don't you think this forum is a good example of responses I would receive?
    Possibly.

15. Member
    That pastor is dead. His answer was God doesn't like questions.
    Well surely your pastor has been replaced so why not ask the current pastor these questions and share the answers with this forum?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Rexico,

Man, “God doesn’t like questions” was not an appropriate (or factual) answer from a pastor. I am sorry you received that answer. Think of how many times the disciples asked questions of Jesus about the many things they did not understand. Jesus never said He did not like questions. In fact, Jesus spent a lot of time questioning and challenging the misguided religious hierarchy of His day. Not asking enough questions has led many into cults or away from the truth of the cross.

I did a bit of reading about who might have been the author of the book oh Jonah. Even though most of the book is written in third person, the consensus seems to be that the book was written by Jonah; however, some think the book was written by someone other than Jonah.

17. Member
    Who wrote Jonah?
    1- which part of who wrote Jonah is irrelevant didn't you get.
    2-your OP was about praying and how affective it is, which it was clearly shown in the passage I gave you in Jonah and Genesis with Abraham about Sodom and Gomorrah.
    It seems that you have a problem in staying focused to your OP when your questions has abundantly being answered.

BTW, I doubt it very much that any pastor would say God don't like questions, since God invites the Israelites to question Him about the fairness of His actions against them.
    Last edited by digthemup; 09-26-2023 at 11:50 AM.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Well surely your pastor has been replaced so why not ask the current pastor these questions and share the answers with this forum?
    That was back in the day. I don't have a current pastor. You guys are my mentors. Do you think a pastor would have more info than what we see here?

19. Banned
    1- which part of who wrote Jonah is irrelevant didn't you get.
    2-your OP was about praying and how affective it is, which it was clearly shown in the passage I gave you in Jonah and Genesis with Abraham about Sodom and Gomorrah.
    It seems that you have a problem in staying focused to your OP when your questions has abundantly being answered.

BTW, I doubt it very much that any pastor would say God don't like questions, since God invites the Israelites to question Him about the fairness of His actions against them.
    Do you invite questions about the fairness of Gods actions? Do you think your many admirers here, are wondering why you won't tell us the author of Jonah?

20. Member
    Do you invite questions about the fairness of Gods actions? Do you think your many admirers here, are wondering why you won't tell us the author of Jonah?
    Unlike you, I don't need admirers nor do I look for meaningless answers bearing no fruit in God's kingdom, and if at any time I have a question for God, I will discuss it with Him asking for guidance through the Holy Spirit, without trying to make it into your fool's show.
    Somewhere in your life you have built this bitterness against God and His word, and much is been offered to you in Christian kindness by many here to give you hope; yet I feel that like Jesus said about casting pearls before the swine, it's been to no avail.

BTW, if you feel that you need to discuss something with me, you know how to PM

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast