Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs down Vehicle prices and union wages....sheezzzzz

New trucks and cars are already way too expensive so how does the auto industry keep affordable vehicles on the market? The union demands do nothing but pass the buck to the consumer. If they don't like the wages then go get an education or other trade but don't bitch then expect us as the consumer to cover the union demands. The 40% percent increase in pay they are demanding will be passed on to you and me via even higher jacked up car prices. This is why we see jobs going over seas. Why pay someone this when something can be produced at a fraction of the cost somewhere else? Hey, I'm like this, if someone can cut the cost of a car by 40% just by building it else where then so be it.... otherwise tell the unions to get the f out and stop digging into my pocket for handouts to their members.

2. Member
    Why did you leave out the fact that the ceo of GM made $29 million last year? I guess that had nothing to do with the prices of new cars?
    Pool 10

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Why did you leave out the fact that the ceo of GM made $29 million last year? I guess that had nothing to do with the prices of new cars?
    Ive always wondered what value anyone could bring to a company that warrants that much $$. I understand these guys are smart. 29M smart ?????? Are ya telling me there isnt someone out there who would be comparable at 5M?? Maybe im just naive or not understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Ive always wondered what value anyone could bring to a company that warrants that much $$. I understand these guys are smart. 29M smart ?????? Are ya telling me there isnt someone out there who would be comparable at 5M?? Maybe im just naive or not understanding.
    Greed

5. Banned
    Getting 80 bucks an hour just to put a screw in a piece of metal seems a bit out of sorts also.

6. Member
    To be honest GM at least had it coming, when they got bailed out in 2008 part of the agreement was to not shut down anymore plants in the US and what they do a few years ago? Closed like 5 plants down and opened other ones overseas. Then Covid came and they jacked up vehicle prices blaming it on "shortages of materials" and what not. All their execs and shareholders made money so now
    the workers want their share but it gets labeled as greed and out of touch. **** GM if they go under ill buy truck from Toyota.

7. Moderator
    Ford alone made $25.5Billion in the past 12 months. They aren’t hurting for money.

8. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MLCA View Post
    To be honest GM at least had it coming, when they got bailed out in 2008 part of the agreement was to not shut down anymore plants in the US and what they do a few years ago? Closed like 5 plants down and opened other ones overseas. Then Covid came and they jacked up vehicle prices blaming it on "shortages of materials" and what not. All their execs and shareholders made money so now
    the workers want their share but it gets labeled as greed and out of touch. **** GM if they go under ill buy truck from Toyota.
    Dont forget the UAW compromising on the contract then as well to help them through the rough times. Everyone wants to look over that.

9. Member
    Her salary is $9.8M.

However, let’s say the $29M number was cash. If you took it all from her and spread it amongst employees, they would get a $.08 raise per hour.
    ________
    $8

10. Member
    Let’s be honest. The vehicles made by union labor aren’t more expensive than vehicles made with non union labor. So are the non union manufacturers screwing people over because they pay their workers less?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Her salary is $9.8M.
    Her 2022 salary was $2.1 million. Her total compensation was nearly $29 million

12. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    As Chair and Chief Executive Officer at GENERAL MOTORS CO, Mary T. Barra made $28,979,570 in total compensation. Of this total $2,100,000 was received as a salary, $6,258,000 was received as a bonus, $4,875,010 was received in stock options, $14,625,000 was awarded as stock and $1,121,560 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2022 fiscal year.
    Chair and Chief Executive Officer
    GENERAL MOTORS CO

Fiscal Year Ended in 2022

$2,100,000
    Base Pay

$6,258,000
    Bonus + Non-EquityIncentive Comp

$8,358,000
    Total Cash Comp

$14,625,000
    Stock Award Value

$4,875,010
    Option Award Value

$19,500,010
    Total Equity

$1,121,560
    Total Other

$28,979,570
    Total Compensation

https://www1.salary.com/Mary-T-Barra...MOTORS-CO.html

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Her 2022 salary was $2.1 million. Her total compensation was nearly $29 million
    I was going off of what yahoo finance says. It says $9.48M. I assumed that was all salary, because I know her total comp was much higher.
    ________
    $8

14. Member
    It's so easy to hate on people more fortunate or better of than you. Who hates poor people? Not me but I'm going to go kick some puppies!

US can't make it on 4 Trillion I think that's 4,000,000,000,000

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/curr...evenue-3305762

I’m in.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Let’s be honest. The vehicles made by union labor aren’t more expensive than vehicles made with non union labor. So are the non union manufacturers screwing people over because they pay their workers less?
    This. But it doesn't fit the narrative of those 'greedy union guys' that get some of the members butts-a-bleedin.

17. Member
    Consumers set prices on goods and services. That is until we are forced to buy a good or services via politicians picking the companies that win. GM, Chrysler, Banks, all should have been forced to file bankruptcy when they were.

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    If you can't afford new truck prices, then buy used, if you can't afford that either then either work harder, make more money, or buy a bike. Being jealous of other people's money isn't going to solve your own financial problems. You can buy a new Ford Maverick in the low $20Ks.
    Thanos was the hero

19. Member
    Where can I buy a new Maverick for that amount? There isn’t a new one to be found in my town.

20. Member
    If people would stop paying the overinflated prices they might drop, but they are selling just fine. Who knows we will probably be able to finance for 10 year pretty soon. Funny thing is the base model 2024 F150 has more standard option than my current 2010 XTL plus F150.

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast