Thread: Newton?

Newton?

Anybody know how warm the water is? Is it shallow? Anything biting? Going next Thursday.
    TIA
    Please release me,let me go.

2. Member
    We had tournaments the past 2 Saturdays, plus I went last Wednesday. Water temp was upper 70s with no generation any of those days. Around 1 1/2 feet of visibility. We took 2nd in both tournaments. 4 keepers for 14lbs and 5 for 18lbs and it took over 20 to win. We caught some shallow and some deep-ish offshore, so it's hard to say which is really better right now. There's just enough of each to keep your interest, but neither approach was lights out. I'd say just fish what you like to fish and it should work as well as anything else. Good Luck!

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. Going to fish shallow early and late. Deep mid day. See what happens

4. Member
    Sounds like the perfect plan!

5. Member
    Went T F S Only able to put 80 in the boat. Biggest was 19" 3.4lb Most were 15-16 inches. Only fished hot side. Water was 72-78. Couple here couple there. Couple pockets with 3-4. Zero wind all 3 days.

6. Member
    Ive never been there but my uncle (80yrs old) used to go there during winter in years past. Is it still the place to go during winter? Ive always heard stories about it. But never took the chance to run down there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    Went T F S Only able to put 80 in the boat. Biggest was 19" 3.4lb Most were 15-16 inches. Only fished hot side. Water was 72-78. Couple here couple there. Couple pockets with 3-4. Zero wind all 3 days.
    Only 80. What a waste of time!

8. Member
    We were there for our classic tournament on 9/30. Weights were pretty low for Newton but not bad for September I guess. 20.06 to win, 18.80 for 2nd, and we got 3rd with 18.76. We caught 10 keepers and had 2 jump off and caught about 45 fish total. Just couldn’t get a big fish to get the win. All of our fish were caught in 15-20 feet of water offshore. This cooler weather coming should fire them up. Late October and November is always the best fishing for Newton.