Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Chevy Duramax 3.0 is the Real Deal folks

Just got back from a round trip from AR to VA and the Duramax 3.0 performed flawless and was super efficient. Going from AR to VA which was 700 miles we got 27.3mpg. Coming back we got 27.5. What was so impressive was my average MPH…73.4. I took a pic right before I reset after I just filled back up:

9720EF45-DEEA-4087-A658-34080263E3E6.jpeg

I almost have 3000 miles on the truck now. It has great power and is really quiet for a Diesel. I kinda miss the Diesel sound though.

Chevy updated the 3.0 for 2023 and bumped the HP to 305 and TQ to 495 and it did not effect the MPG it seems. If your on the fence for one then get off and go get one. I got 10k off sticker on a 2023 RST 4WD Z71 Crew Cab. The LTZ was 8500 off and if you like the High Country they were around 8000 off. The GMC versions were discounted a little less but i did see the GMC Elevation around 10k off. The 2024 models are starting to trickle in and not much has changed but they are discounted also but about 2000 less than the 23 models. You might have to travel like I did for a deal so be prepared. I did a 500 mile radius search and saw that St Louis MO area had great prices. Chevy still can’t beat Rams ride and interior though but I do like the large center display better due to its left to right layout. Go test drive one.

2. Member
    Good news

That's damn impressive!

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

4. Member
    Glad your having a good experience with this engine and truck, very impressive mileage. Wondering about the long term reliability with this new engine/transmission/truck combo.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    I did a 500 mile radius search and saw that St Louis MO area had great prices. Chevy still can’t beat Rams ride and interior though but I do like the large center display better due to its left to right layout. Go test drive one.
    Which dealer did you go with in STL? If the interest rates weren't soooo goofey, I'd probably pull the trigger!!! Hey wait, did you go to Jim Butler and get that blue LTZ??
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

6. Member
    Get 29-31 on highways when keeping my Yukon under 70. Love this motor!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve-n-Protect View Post
    Which dealer did you go with in STL? If the interest rates weren't soooo goofey, I'd probably pull the trigger!!! Hey wait, did you go to Jim Butler and get that blue LTZ??
    I dealt with Jim Butler and also Laura Chevy…both had great deals. I got a Price match Jimmy Gray in Memphis so I went there. My 20 Ram was paid off and it had really good trade value so I did not finance anything and just paid the difference. Also it’s a RST but I would have taken an LTZ if it had the options I wanted. Funny how so many trucks don’t have a sliding rear window.

Good deal!
    What size tires did you get ?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Good deal!
    What size tires did you get ?
    20 inch. Not a big fan of the 22 inch ones.

10. Member
    I dealt with Jim Butler and also Laura Chevy…both had great deals. I got a Price match Jimmy Gray in Memphis so I went there. My 20 Ram was paid off and it had really good trade value so I did not finance anything and just paid the difference. Also it’s a RST but I would have taken an LTZ if it had the options I wanted. Funny how so many trucks don’t have a sliding rear window.
    I've never had a sliding rear window, what's the draw? I'm sure the dog would like it.

4206BA38-E3FF-412B-B4BA-B7F3ED312DF1.jpeg
    On the road for work with my new truck. Here is a pic from my dash today. This was after a stretch of 65 mph road, running 65 to 70. I have 540 miles on this tank with 3/8 tank left. AS much as I drive if it proves to be dependable will be great. Love the way it runs so far for sure.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

12. Member
    I can remove the whole rear glass in my Avalanche!

13. Member
    When it turns over to 250,000 miles get back to us...We'll see if it's the real deal or not.lol.

14. Member
    Damn good mileage for a full size pickup.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cards21 View Post
    I've never had a sliding rear window, what's the draw? I'm sure the dog would like it.
    Dogs do like it. I use it for some of my Rods that are over 7ft. Also when I pick up long items like PVC pipe I can stick it thru the rear window. Not a fan of items hanging out the truck bed and having to tie a rag to it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    4206BA38-E3FF-412B-B4BA-B7F3ED312DF1.jpeg
    On the road for work with my new truck. Here is a pic from my dash today. This was after a stretch of 65 mph road, running 65 to 70. I have 540 miles on this tank with 3/8 tank left. AS much as I drive if it proves to be dependable will be great. Love the way it runs so far for sure.
    That’s excellent! And I agree…if it remains dependable it will be great.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    I can remove the whole rear glass in my Avalanche!
    My whole back window rolls down with the push of a button. The whole window down really changes the airflow compared to just the normal 4 windows.

To the OP really glad you like your truck. I’ll like to see how they are a few years old and 150-200k miles. The Ram eco diesel went a lot like this at first and look how they turned out.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    My whole back window rolls down with the push of a button. The whole window down really changes the airflow compared to just the normal 4 windows.

To the OP really glad you like your truck. I’ll like to see how they are a few years old and 150-200k miles. The Ram eco diesel went a lot like this at first and look how they turned out.
    I had an 2016 Eco Diesel…I waited 3 years to buy one and figured that was enough time to work the bugs out…WRONG! So I waited 4 years for this one…will see.

Dogs do like it. I use it for some of my Rods that are over 7ft. Also when I pick up long items like PVC pipe I can stick it thru the rear window. Not a fan of items hanging out the truck bed and having to tie a rag to it.

Thank goodness you have a diesel to pull that piece of PVC with.....

20. Member
    I'm in the market for a new truck but I've driven Toyota trucks since 1993 and I've never had a problem with any of them. I have 180,000 on my current 2015 Tundra so I'm starting the search. I would love to have the 3.0 diesel but I'm concerned about reliability. I have a client who has one and he loves it but it only has 20,000 miles on it, just not enough high mileage examples out there yet to make me feel good about it. I'm sure there's a few with 100,000 on them but I know my Tundra will be going at 250,000 without a problem. The highest mileage Toyota V8 I've owned was a 1998 Land Cruiser with 350,000 miles and it's still on the road today. In 350,000 miles, I had to replace the water pump, starter, and that was it except for normal maintenance and tires.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast