Parts supplier, boats.net or partsvu ?

I’m ordering a new lower unit and propeller for my Yamaha 60. I have used Boats.net before without a problem but Partsvu has the same setup for $60 less. Both say I qualify for free shipping. Anyone have a problem with either supplier? Thanks
    Last edited by Limitfish; 09-11-2023 at 10:06 AM.

2. Member
    I ordered a cradle for my Garmin on partsvu. Pretty sure I returned it as well because I didn't realize my warranty replacement unit came with it. I didn't have any issues with them.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

3. Member
    Used both...most recently PartsVU. They seen to have better prices. No issues with either.

4. Member
    I ordered some Mercury bolts from PartVu website; no problems. Some parts have return exclusions, need to read/understand all the 'fine print'.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

On something that big, I would recommend looking at a local dealer to see if you can get any discounts. Many times dealers will give better pricing than online.

A few threads on Partsvu and how their website doesn't reflect actual inventory, so some folks ordered items and wound up with either shipping delays or order cancellations... Also as mentioned they have some specific return requirements - also a few threads on that, mostly from the same guy who had some issues with a larger order he needed to return. I've never used them and prefer to use my local Skeeter Dealer, SIM Yamaha, or Hodges Marine (Florida dealer) when possible.

7. Member
    Same as what was said above, I ordered from Parts Vu said in stock then wasn't and was going to be twice as long to get so cancelled and ordered elsewhere.

8. Member
    Have ordered a couple times from Partsvu with no issues. Fast service.

9. Member
    ive had this issue with every single time i ordererd from boats,net. after fourth time in a row i do not even go to their webpage

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    A few threads on Partsvu and how their website doesn't reflect actual inventory, so some folks ordered items and wound up with either shipping delays or order cancellations... Also as mentioned they have some specific return requirements - also a few threads on that, mostly from the same guy who had some issues with a larger order he needed to return. I've never used them and prefer to use my local Skeeter Dealer, SIM Yamaha, or Hodges Marine (Florida dealer) when possible.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jabirkhimer View Post
    ive had this issue with every single time i ordererd from boats,net. after fourth time in a row i do not even go to their webpage

Same here. Last time I ordered parts, the website showed the parts instock. After 5 days of not getting shipping confirmation, found out they were out of stock and had to chase them for a refund. Never again

11. Member
    PartsVu drops ships from the manufacturer for alot of items so what they show in stock may not always be accurate.

I usually call them if the item is a urgent need.