Cranking battery

Has anyone here isolated the cranking battery just for the motor and added another battery for the electronics, pumps, and lights?
    2022 920 Elite
    250 Pro XS

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I have one that runs just graphs and neama. Starting battery is lead acid but it does run pumps and lights.

Most people who isolate power have everything on the cranking battery but the electronics. Over the years with the change in electronics its common to have a amp draw that's a lot more high that what cranking batteries of years past were use to. A good quality cranking battery with 200 or more minutes of reserve capacity should carry the load if you have a medium size amp draw. If you have multiple high amp draw electronics this is when people isolate the power to another battery or add a second battery in parallel. I prefer to isolate the power of high amp draw electronics.

4. Member
    Running a single battery, an Ionic 125a. No need for a 5th with it.

5. Member
    I Run the same thing a single Ionic 125a, it handles a 15 inch Solix with side imaging at console, and 12 inch Solix with mega 360 and Garmin 8612 with forward facing at bow with no problems.

6. Member
    I ended up going one Ionic 125ah. Went through (2) X2 batteries, got about 10 months out of each of them before they were toast, and no warranty help from batteries not so plus. I'm running (3) HDS Live 12's (1) Elite FS9, active target, point 1, NMEA and the boat. I thought about a fifth battery, but no need with the Ionic 125
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

X5 on the Ionic 125ah. Going on my 4th year with it and one of the best upgrades you can do.

The ionic 125 is a beast!

I have two 125ah Ionics in parallel. I can run multiple days now without charging and not worry about all the electronics running it down. And if you run dedicated full length 10awg wiring for each electrical unit off them your image clarity will be great without interference.
    Last edited by Rick James; 09-16-2023 at 08:38 AM.
    ~Matt Miller
    23’ Phoenix 21 PHX - 250 ProXS

Same here. 1 Ionic 125. 2 Solix's, ML,Target lock and have never had a problem.

11. Member
    I gave my dad the old AGM and bought 2 new ones and wired them in parallel. No more low voltage alarms while cranking the engine at the end of the day..especially with 3 12"s, 1 16" and AT on all day.. A friend of mine has the same boat and went lithium. He had to buy a new charger and at that point went lithium for his TM. It was well over quadruple of what I paid but it wasn't about the money, his boat was very noticeably different after losing all of that weight in the back. It would get squirrelly sooner than later, and he couldn't take it to what his top was before without being on the wheel way more than he wanted...