Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying a new boat...

Soon enough I'll be in the market for a new boat. No matter where or what I look at I find myself coming back to look at the Blazers over and over. Love the look and layout of both the 625 and 650 never been in either. Is the 625 a learning curve to drive? Just how saucy does she get out there?

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Depends on your experience driving a boat with performance pad. I think they are pretty easy to drive.

3. Member
    All I can say is the 625 is easier to drive than my previous BassCat. It doesn't chine hard if you trim and have the jackplate set right which will take you about 10 minutes to figure out. and if it does at all it seems to kind of just right itself rather than feeling like it will loose control. Today on Clear Lake I had a full tank of gas on my right tank and the left empty. It was chine walking due to not being balanced but it never felt out of control I could just let it chine and it would just keep going without correction. Much easier to drive and correct than my BassCat as well. It handles very well. Smooth... It corners extremely well at high speeds. It stays up in rough water. I would argue that you couldn't find a better handling bass boat unless maybe you got a 650.
    Last edited by ZethKinnettFishing; 09-14-2023 at 06:46 PM.

4. Member
    Small learning curve if you are coming from a normal "Cookie Cutter" type bass boat. Love the 625! Definitely start out with a 4 blade prop while learning it.

5. Member
    My 4th Blazer in a row is being outfitted now .And I hope to pick it up Saturday
    You cannot beat the value of a Blazer when you consider speed,ride,fish ability and
    price. I also like Basscat I have had 5 of them in the past but with similar equipment it
    was 20K more than the Blazer

6. Member
    So ive had a 186 Champion and currently have a Ranger z21. Clearly not setting the water on fire in either and they both drive themselves.
    I love my Ranger but she is a big girl and I mostly fish solo so I thought I may downsize. Then I worry I may not like the downsize and would like the 650 over the 625. Idk depending on which day of the week it is I'm leaning one way or the other. Great input from everyone though keep it coming

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GWK64 View Post
    My 4th Blazer in a row is being outfitted now .And I hope to pick it up Saturday
    You cannot beat the value of a Blazer when you consider speed,ride,fish ability and
    price. I also like Basscat I have had 5 of them in the past but with similar equipment it
    was 20K more than the Blazer
    Was gonna look at some basscats too but honestly the eyeball test for me the Blazer is a better looking boat. I cant imagine the basscat being 20k more? None of them are cheap prices looked pretty comparable with boats loaded out. I want all them bells and whistles

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Let me know if I can help with a new Blazer. We have a 2024 625 - 250 SHO and a 2024 650 - 250 Pro XS available. Blazer just released some rebates as well.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabassin14 View Post
    So ive had a 186 Champion and currently have a Ranger z21. Clearly not setting the water on fire in either and they both drive themselves.
    I love my Ranger but she is a big girl and I mostly fish solo so I thought I may downsize. Then I worry I may not like the downsize and would like the 650 over the 625. Idk depending on which day of the week it is I'm leaning one way or the other. Great input from everyone though keep it coming
    had a 625 and they look great but very difficult to drive not a boat you can relax in they dont drive themselves

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    All I can say is the 625 is easier to drive than my previous BassCat. It doesn't chine hard if you trim and have the jackplate set right which will take you about 10 minutes to figure out. and if it does at all it seems to kind of just right itself rather than feeling like it will loose control. Today on Clear Lake I had a full tank of gas on my right tank and the left empty. It was chine walking due to not being balanced but it never felt out of control I could just let it chine and it would just keep going without correction. Much easier to drive and correct than my BassCat as well. It handles very well. Smooth... It corners extremely well at high speeds. It stays up in rough water. I would argue that you couldn't find a better handling bass boat unless maybe you got a 650.
    Its funny how we all differ when it comes to opinions on how boats drive. I find that my Eyra reminds me of all of my 202 Blazers in how it drives, handles, and fishes.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Its funny how we all differ when it comes to opinions on how boats drive. I find that my Eyra reminds me of all of my 202 Blazers in how it drives, handles, and fishes.
    if you like hang on to your butt chine walk buy a blazer been there and sold it because of that

12. Member
    That's largely dependent on what size motor you want, if you are staying with a 250 HP get the 625, otherwise go with the 650 with a 300 on it. Either way be sure it's a Yamaha not a Merc.

13. Member
    I had 3 625 Blazers in a row that are super easy to drive well into the mid 80s
    The problem is the skill level of boat driver most of the time.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    That's largely dependent on what size motor you want, if you are staying with a 250 HP get the 625, otherwise go with the 650 with a 300 on it. Either way be sure it's a Yamaha not a Merc.
    They say the top speed of the 625 and 650 is very close. The 650 does not need a 300

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    They say the top speed of the 625 and 650 is very close. The 650 does not need a 300
    Sure does, it performs much better with a 300 hp.

16. Member
    Let’s hear the performance numbers between the two then. A boat with a 300 is also going to be harder to move. That’s a select market

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Let’s hear the performance numbers between the two then. A boat with a 300 is also going to be harder to move. That’s a select market
    True, another option would be to get the 650 with a 250hp SHO on it and flash it to a 300 HP. Otherwise I would stay with the 625 and 250hp motor.

18. Member
    If you fish big water a lot get the 650 . If not get the 625 it’s 2-3 mph faster and nearly 10k cheaper to .

19. Member
    Would someone with a 625 tell me what it measures across at the front pedestal inside the gunnel. Thanks.

20. Member
    Almost 61 inches right behind butt seat pole ,76 in front of windshield and 78.5 behind seats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast