Lodge of Four Seasons

BBC members -
    I will be working at the Lodge of Four Seasons for about 30 days starting next week. Flying in, so won't be able to bring much, if any in the way of fishing equipment. I will certainly explore the Lake of Ozarks (seems like a lot of territory to cover). What other recommendations do you have?

If anyone is looking for a fishing companion, let me know. Happy to contribute to costs. Will probably be off on Mondays for the most part.

Thanks,
    Jerome

2. Member
    Stockton Lake as become my favorite lake in the sate and a short trip from where you will be staying. If you're into floating high recommend a day in a canoe or kayak on the Nianiua. Plenty of outfitters that rent and shuttle and can get into some good smallmouth action.

3. Member
    Also an hour drive from you is Bennett Spring State Park. It is a wonderful trout park and has cabin to rent if you want a change of venue. 2lb line, ultra light, and some Mepps spinners and you’re set. As far as Lake of The Ozarks, you can throw a rock and find a boat rental shop with a pontoon. Main lake points with plastic worms is always a beginning bet. If you’re allowed on the docks at the lodge, crappie fishing is always an option.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

Thanks all. Been fishing the local marina docks. Doing okay with a few bass daily. Sure is a beautiful area you all have out here.

5. Member
    What are you doing at the four seasons? That place is in desperate need of an update, such a nice spot on the lake but is very dated. Take Casey Scanlon or Jim Dill out they will get you on fish, My condo is a couple of coves over from where you are, Barn b que, tavern on the bend are some great food options right by you. So much to do there as someone said, some of my favorite fishing is on my own marina dock with a crappie rod.