Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    You could leave it alone and you will probably never see it again
    Probably going to stay in same area for food.

Dispatch the things are best idea

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup by chance? They used to pull a bunch of them off of my FIL's ranch in Fluvanna
    I have been to the sweetwater rattlesnake round up maybe 3 times. That’s a good haul from me. Maybe 3-4 hours or so. That’s more west Texas. Llano/Fredericksburg is more central and with all the granite, we had a ton of rattle snakes. We didn’t have a round up like sweetwater does. They make it into a really big deal over there. They have rattle snake shows, car shows, shopping for the ladies. It’s a big deal. To me, sweetwater is, for lack of a better word, kind of a crap hole to live. I can say this because my in laws are from there.

3. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    Many years ago when I lived in SouthTexas. Now ex brother in law was about as scared of snakes as anybody. You would have thought he was a city boy but he grew up in the country. His dad was a grain and cotton farmer. He’d been driving combines and tractors doing farm work growing Seen his share of snakes. He wouldn’t just kill a snake, no matter what kind, rattle snake to grass snake. He’d take a hoe and chop them into little bitty pieces and ya better be out of his way cause he’d hit ya in the head with a chopin hoe.

4. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    I guess no one has been bitten by a rattlesnake .

Kill them all if they are close to your house.

5. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Dupe
    Last edited by RangrSkipr; 09-09-2023 at 11:32 AM.

6. Member
    Used to have big problem with them here. Started keeping more area around the house mowed and cats. The cats don't really kill the snakes they eat their food supply. I keep around 6 or 8 cats hanging around all the time, sometimes more sometimes less. I've killed 4 or 5 big ones on my front porch but since the cats and mowing more pasture they have pretty much disappeared. Good luck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Not in GA
    Looks like they lifted the protection on them last year. Now just a few states have them protected.

Go for it.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Not in GA
    Only non-venomous snakes are protected in GA, and I let them be, even saw one Sunday when I was doing some light yardwork in the back moving through the pine straw. Any venomous snakes can and will be removed from this world if found in my yard.

9. Member
    There used to be a show on cable where guys would go out and catch them and sell them for anti Venom.
    2012 Ranger Z518
    Motor Info:
    200 XS
    Serial number 1B882317
    Model number 1200P73EY

10. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    I grew up in WF and used to go to the Waurika Rattlesnake Roundup every year.
    Small world here on BBC. I grew up 50 miles SW of you on a red dirt road wheat and cotton farm. We had way too many rattlesnakes. Not many of them lived to tell about it

Definitely. I graduated from Iowa Park. But lived in WF. Right on the line.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123