Lithium 12v 50AH for livescope

I only have a group 29 for my cranking battery and my two Helix 10's so I didn't think adding livescope and the garmin 106 sv to that battery was a good idea.

My thought was to add a 12 volt 50 ah battery and put it in my starboard rod locker and it would power the black box and garmin 106sv.

I saw that I could get a ECO-Worthy Life PO4 12 v 50 AH for $160 and a separate charger for about $60.

Has anyone used a similar set up? Does anyone have any experiences with this brand of Battery? Am I missing anything else that I will need ?

Currently I have the Garmin unit, and the Lvs 34 with black box and that is it.

Thanks guys

I am open to any and all suggestions.

2. Member
    That should be more than enough battery. I use a 32 ah from Amped Outdoors. It's not a LiFePo4. The other kind. Fits in a cheap ammo box that I wired up plugs in to make hookup easy. Sits it the starboard locker. Take it out to charge and it's a hell of a lot easier than running wires all the way back to the bilge. Just did a similar deal on my cousin's skeeter and it was even easier than my Caracal.

106sv and box draw 3a. Just multiply 3 x hours you want it to run.
    3a draw x 10 hours = 30ah battery you would need
    Last edited by MonteSS; 09-04-2023 at 10:32 PM.

4. Member
    I have a stand alone 60ah. Runs a 106 a 9in Lowrance Live and livescope box. Fish all day with all 3 on.
    At the end of the day I got 50% left.

Yes. I run a stand alone 50ah for mine on a separate charge. Usually have 2 days worth in that one charge. Don't risk 16-20 hours without a charge though. A few hours on the small charger and is full again.

I did the stand alone to keep that main battery solid. Have a 360, 15s and pumps to run on that one.

6. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post

My thought was to add a 12 volt 50 ah battery and put it in my starboard rod locker and it would power the black box and garmin 106sv

Has anyone used a similar set up? Does anyone have any experiences with this brand of Battery? Am I missing anything else that I will need?
    Before being introduced to Kevin at KandK (BBC sponsor) I installed an AmpedOutdoors 14.8V 48ah battery in my starboard locker to power one of my 106's on the bow and the blackbox also in the starboard locker. It will power those units for a 10 hour day and still have plenty of reserve reserve. Comes with a charger. Working voltage (indicated on the 106) starts out at around 15.6 and by the end of the day it might drop to 14.7V. 10ga wiring to both box and 106 with a power switch installed at the bow panel

After installing a 126 at the helm and second 106 at the bow I purchased and installed a 16V 48ah Powerhouse battery from KandK in the rear battery area to run those two units. Working voltage starts out around 17.2 and by the end of the day it might drop to 16V. This is with me running with maps and DI on the bow 106 and maps DI/SI on the 126 while running or scouting and then networking Livescope to the coangler in the back of the boat all day. 6 ga wiring from the battery bay to fused distribution box under the console. 10ga wiring from the fuse box to the bow unit independent power switches at the bow for the 106 and console for the 126

If there is any doubt about what you need I would recommend calling Kevin at KandK. He is an expert on these systems and will steer you in the right direction. Don't forget about future needs if you think you might be adding more components to the system. We always seem to need more power somewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RangrSkipr; 09-05-2023 at 12:59 PM.

Just remember that a 16v lithium could shut off at (as an example) 14v if that is where the factory BMS (battery management system) is set.

Lithium with bluetooth like Ionic has an app that shows exact voltage, state of charge, and ah left.

8. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Just remember that a 16v lithium could shut off at (as an example) 14v if that is where the factory BMS (battery management system) is set.

Lithium with bluetooth like Ionic has an app that shows exact voltage, state of charge, and ah left.
    This is true. My 48ah PowerHouse has the BT app for monitoring. My AmpedOutdoors battery does not but I think they have models that do

9. Member
    I have actually spoke to Kevin about a year ago. Great guy !! Maybe I'll hollar at him to hear his thoughts.

10. Member
    I just saw a video that said a higher voltage lithium battery will give a better resolution than a 12v. any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I just saw a video that said a higher voltage lithium battery will give a better resolution than a 12v. any truth to this?
    100% false. Been proven a fallacy many times. Amazing how rumors just won't go away.

12. Member
    Funny - I was in the same situation and bought the exact same eco-worthy battery you mentioned from Amazon. I’m certain there are better batteries out there, but for the price I think it can’t be beat. I always make sure it’s well above freezing when I charge it. Otherwise, I haven’t done anything special and it works great. It might as well have cost double! More than enough power to get you through a day on livescope. I also bought the cheapest charger I could find for it, and that also works great so far. Search for “ ATian 10-Amp Battery Charger, 12V/10A 24V/5A” on Amazon.

13. Member
    Thanks brother, do you put it in a ice fishing box or something like that?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    100% false. Been proven a fallacy many times. Amazing how rumors just won't go away.
    it can also create extra heat dissipation on the striker and echomap line depending on how much of a vin-vout differential on the power input regulator.