Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NO NCAA Football ON TV

Well thanks to Disney and ESPN We will not see the opening weekend of the NCAA FB. I'll be changing providers on Monday to the Dish and put one of those dam washtubs on my roof. Everyone knows that Spectrum will pass the cost on to the customers. Disney will win. The poor customers will lose. and We will be out more money. What away to get screwed on the first weekend. I have lost all fait in Mickey Mouse. 

I blame the cable company. They pulled the channel
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Member
    Same here, Disney wants more money, Spectrum doesn't want to pay it. It's all good I can watch any and all on the firestick.

4. Member
    Just get YouTube TV and be done with it. No 'wash tub' to mount and $73 a month. The days of OTA tv are over.

5. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    If you would have told me a few years ago that I would be buying streaming service I would have told you you were nuts. Now I have three and thinking about dropping them. They're pretty good about getting you hooked on a series and then moving it to another service or making you sign up for the next level. Plus they just raised the rates.

6. Member
    Guess what? I was in the same situation with Dish Network last year.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Just get YouTube TV and be done with it. No 'wash tub' to mount and $73 a month. The days of OTA tv are over.
    YouTube TV went through the same thing with Disney a couple years ago. This happens every time these major contracts are up. They want the cable companies to pay more, they don’t want to, and this fight happens. It doesn’t matter what service you have.

8. Member
    Couldn’t you put the dish in your yard not on roof?

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    Plus they just raised the rates.
    They all do.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Cut the cord and just stream, much cheaper

11. Member
    Was my last straw, see ya cable TV. Signed up for YouTubeTV today and will return Spectrum's boxes next week. Unfortunately, still have to pay Spectrum for the internet, but fiber is coming soon. Saving $100/month.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

12. Member
    Louisville 6 Georgia Tech 14. 9:03 in the second

13. Member
    Not missing much honestly.

I'm in the same spot with you , it started last night when Gators were playing , at least I didn't have to watch them get off to another search for a coach . They are so bad all they have for a QB is a transfer from Wisconsin .

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I'm in the same spot with you , it started last night when Gators were playing , at least I didn't have to watch them get off to another search for a coach . They are so bad all they have for a QB is a transfer from Wisconsin .
    They looked completely unprepared and the offensive line looked worse than AUburn's under Brian Harsin. I was thinking during the game that the AD probably began the search at halftime. Complete embarrassment.

Didn’t know satellite TV still existed.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Say WHAT................I have a OTA antenna and pay ZERO to watch tv. Screw paying $73 a month to watch anything.

18. Member
    Inspiration for not following any sports at all except BASS barely. The last straw was when the baseball team I used to stream on my computer started charging for the connection. Free on the radio sitting next to the computer via AM but charged on the stream. The internet is a pay to play suckers paradise. The local fishing website added a fee and the site is a ghost town compared to the activity it used to get. Alexa devise went to pay to play also. I stopped listening to radio during COVId when I had it following a TBI. My sanity was playing retro albums on Alexa. Now you need a pay to play youtube account. No thanks.

We dumped cable years ago and went to wireless wifi plus antennae. I have a single Roku account and an upgraded streaming stick on the 3 smart TVs we have . We dont have enough hours in the day to use all the channels included for the 15 dollar fee. If I want to see a movie with a fee I pay the 4 dollars.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 09-02-2023 at 05:21 AM.

I have 13 months before my small cable company is gone, they say due to costs, if you have a couple streaming services they are getting more expensive each year. I am about ready to pull the cords out of the wall no tv what so ever, and just spend more time here

20. Member
    I pay for 50 Spanish speaking channels, 30 rap music channels, several BET (mostly just "f bombs'). Only sports I watch are a few fishing shows. Give me alacarte. Pay for what you want to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast