Adjustable seat post

I’m not able to endure a butt seat anymore so ordered this seat for the front of the boat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRHSMJS...roduct_details

I also need to replace the front seat post so the seat is at proper height for seated position. Hoping it doesn’t block my view when running but I’m a Bill Dance style angler now. Suggestions for a good post would be welcome. Threaded would be best.

I think there are really two main brands I believe, Attwood/Swivel-Eze and Springfield. I think you see more Springfield as oem and Attwood as aftermarket purchases. Most seat setups I think come with a fixed 13" pole, I prefer a 16" when using a B-300. It all depends on how you want to sit I guess.

Since you said adjustable, there are usually two "heights" one for sitting (~13-16 range) and one for standing/leaning which is taller, like 18-24" or thereabouts.

Also, most will tell you adjustables don't last, they will eventually fail and either fully extend or compress and no longer be adjustable. So buying a manual adjustable might be a better idea. I've had my attwood adjustable for about a year and a half with no issues, though.

https://new.attwoodmarine.com/clkn/h...llection-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by Painter1 View Post
    I’m not able to endure a butt seat anymore so ordered this seat for the front of the boat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRHSMJS...roduct_details

I also need to replace the front seat post so the seat is at proper height for seated position. Hoping it doesn’t block my view when running but I’m a Bill Dance style angler now....
    I bought this Millenium seat and hated it. I ended up selling it after about 2 months. The rear of the seat on mine was significantly lower than the bar under my legs. It would start hurting after sitting for about 30 min.

You might try the Bill Dance Style S shaped pole. I have one and I like how i can swivel the seat off to the side if I need to manuever. It only comes in I think 13 inches, which is a little low for me. I took an old pole and cut it down to about 2 inches. i put it on the bottom and the S pole on top. This puts it at the right height for me. I will switch between using a millenium pommel style seat and a simple fold down padded seat. Like you, I have to sit whiile fishing up front. I have never had the balance to stand to use the TM.

https://www.amazon.com/Springfield-M...01EYINXW/?th=1
    Last edited by Booster; 08-29-2023 at 06:52 PM.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

As someone that has spent decades fishing from a seated position there are a few things I can offer

1 they do make an 11” post as well as the others mentioned the height of the post plays a big role in how comfortable you are sitting for hours

2 a threaded post will ride up as you swivel back and forth to the point the seat starts to rock this can be very annoying so get use to reaching down there and tightening the post I actually built a lock for it so it can’t turn but requires you drill a hole in the deck

3 if you fish in rough water or around a lot of other boats the waves can really beat you up especially if they are coming from behind you and you don’t anticipate them the back of the seat will hit you unexpectedly

4 buy a quality seat you can get rather uncomfortable after a few hours in a cheap seat
    Last edited by MichAngler; 08-29-2023 at 05:55 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

What do seated fisherman consider an ideal height? I’m 6’ tall

What do seated fisherman consider an ideal height? I’m 6’ tall
    I am also 6' and a big man. I want my thighs level. Knees same height as hips. That way taking my foot on and off the trolling motor pedal essentially takes equal effort.
    If my hips are too low it is difficult to pick up my foot to put on pedal heel down. If my hips are too high, like a lean-into-butt seat, I have a tendency to keep pressing down with my toe resultiing in unwanted turns.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

7. Member
    I got deans to make me the basscat style butt seats myself, very comfy. Like it better than a regular seat. I have had a couple of back surgeries and they work great
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Member
    A manually adjustable post would last a long time, and once set would be good, but if you store your hydraulic post all the way down when not in use and keep it upright, will last a lot longer, something about relaxing the seals. My Swivel-Eze bike seat post is over 12 years old and still working fine. And yes they do make a shorter hydraulic adjustable post for "regular" seats.

9. Member
    You guys that sit all the time, do you have recessed trays for your foot pedal? I've never had a recessed tray and just wondering how it is while sitting. At 62 years old now my balance isn't what it used to be and I find myself sitting more than standing anymore.

UPDATE: I bought the Millennium Seat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRHSMJS...roduct_details
    with an adjustable (14” to 17”) post. ITS PERFECT. Thanks, guys

11. Member
    UPDATE: I bought the Millennium Seat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRHSMJS...roduct_details
    with an adjustable (14” to 17”) post. ITS PERFECT. Thanks, guys
    Can you provide a link for the adjustable post you got? Thanks