Thread: Dove Opener

Dove Opener

First sign that fall is just around the corner. Football, Fishing, Hunting, Cooler weather!!! Our season opens next Saturday! Not sure who is more excited, me or my lab Molly! lol
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

2. Member
    Growing up in east TN the opening day of dove season was like a religious holiday. Miss those days! There's some birds here southern MD, but the fun, heckling, and camaraderie are missing. Good luck!!

3. Member
    Love to dove hunt, but finding a place local, or even finding a field that a farmer will let you hunt is impossible. It has been several years since I got into a good wing shoot. Most farmers still have crops in the fields, and those who don't want you to pay to hunt the field. I already have a deer hunting lease, that is costly enough. Enjoy the Dove hunt. Try to stay cool.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

4. Member
    Our dove numbers...not that we've ever had the numbers of most southern states...have been very poor the last several years. I'm not even gonna bother. Our teal season opens 9-2, so i'll be fighting mud and killing ducks. When it closes, i'm heading south for a few more days of ducks.

Hope all you guys that got 'em have a great time!!

Echo the above sentiments, hard to find a place to shoot and the numbers are way down from what I’ve heard. A recent survey one my trap shooting buddies mentioned said the numbers were down as much as 50%.
    When I was in high school and a few short years after I got in that circuit where I always had a place to shoot, not anymore.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

Counting myself fortunate. have a friend that puts on a big shoot every year. usually about 50 hunters...if you can shoot limits are no problem. Sounded like WWIII last year...drew the attention of the local GW's. 6 of them inspected the field, licenses etc... not a single citation issued
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

Not been yet, my buddies do e field didn't do well .