Thread: Ark encounter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ark encounter

Family and I are are looking to give the ark encounter a visit. Give me some other areas of interest that would be nice to visit in the area. Traveling from NC to Kentucky. Anywhere along the way as far as mom and pop eateries or any "must sees" as well.

Does land big fish have a retail store that's worth stopping by in Dunnville?

Any tips are welcome

2. Member
    While you are up here, you can also visit the creation museum. It is about 40 minutes north of the Ark and draws quite a crowd.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

Land Big Fish has a great store. Owner is a very good fisherman and doesn't stock a bunch of useless baits.

4. Member
    The Ark is by itself south of the Newport Aquarium and Levee, the Cincy Zoo, Riverfront's on both sides with lot's of restaurants to choose from etc.

Stop by LBF, like Jayman said above, the owner is a great guy and stocks really good stuff. It’s worth driving to imo

There is several thoroughbred horse racing farms in the Lexington area along with a few bourbon distillery that you can tour. As for LBF I have drove buy there a few times but I never stopped. From the information I was told you can arrange to pick up a order and even go inside and make a order and pick it up but from what I’m told you can’t walk around in the warehouse and shop. Before making a detour to LBF I would call and ask they allow in person shopping. My understanding is it’s a warehouse that fills orders. The one thing I do know for sure is it’s in the middle of nowhere. Heck Dunnvlle KY is more like a small community or a wide spot in the road instead of a town. Driving buy a person would never know it’s a large online tackle store because it looks like 1000 other metal buildings you will pass along the way.

Mammoth Cave and Dollywood

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bnt55 View Post
    While you are up here, you can also visit the creation museum. It is about 40 minutes north of the Ark and draws quite a crowd.
    +1

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    There is several thoroughbred horse racing farms in the Lexington area along with a few bourbon distillery that you can tour. As for LBF I have drove buy there a few times but I never stopped. From the information I was told you can arrange to pick up a order and even go inside and make a order and pick it up but from what I’m told you can’t walk around in the warehouse and shop. Before making a detour to LBF I would call and ask they allow in person shopping. My understanding is it’s a warehouse that fills orders. The one thing I do know for sure is it’s in the middle of nowhere. Heck Dunnvlle KY is more like a small community or a wide spot in the road instead of a town. Driving buy a person would never know it’s a large online tackle store because it looks like 1000 other metal buildings you will pass along the way.
    You can go in the store front part just not the warehouse.

10. Member
    corvette plant? mammoth cave awesome in the heat
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Member
    I liked just standing outside the Ark and looking how big it was. Pretty cool. Yea Cincy ain’t to far. Might catch a Reds or Bengals game. Cincinnati has a Great zoo.

12. Member
    Really want to go also! We have thought about it for a couple years but health issues with my wife has us at a standstill. I was told you need a couple days at least to look things over.

13. Member
    I've been to the Ark Encounter, they lost me when one floor had Dinosaurs.

14. Member
    Do you drink Bourbon?

It is impressive and worth seeing but a little expensive.
    IMG_20180418_125946858.jpgIMG_20180418_141208305.jpgIMG_20180418_150331644.jpg
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullins057 View Post
    So no dinosaurs were on the ark?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullins057 View Post
    If you go to the Creation Museum first, it will explain that dinosaurs and Man lived at the same time. And that man at that time slaughtered most of the dinosaurs for their horns and other reasons, just like the buffalo in modern times, a few species were left before the flood but afterwards mostly likely died off soon after getting off the ARK. This was weird for me also seeing those dinosaurs on the Ark. How about the size of that Huge entry door for the animals to get in the Ark.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfast View Post
    If you go to the Creation Museum first, it will explain that dinosaurs and Man lived at the same time. And that man at that time slaughtered most of the dinosaurs for their horns and other reasons, just like the buffalo in modern times, a few species were left before the flood but afterwards mostly likely died off soon after getting off the ARK. This was weird for me also seeing those dinosaurs on the Ark. How about the size of that Huge entry door for the animals to get in the Ark.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    So no dinosaurs were on the ark?

Parkette in Lexington is a 1951 Classic American Diner & Food Drive-In

The food is pretty good. Neat place

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast