Thread: Driving Iron?

Driving Iron?

Looking for some advice on a driving iron. I tend to tee off with a 4 iron since it is predictable and averages 220-230 for me off the tee. I would like to find something to gain some more distance.

Currently using Taylor Made tour burner irons and play well with them.

I have tried multiple drivers, stances, ball placement, always ends up slicing out of play.
    Fish have fins, they swim

2. Member
    I have gone through the slices at times. With the driver I was hitting down on the ball and creating spin that was right oriented.
    Asst Pro said you need to hit the ball on the upward swing to create less spin.
    Lead shoulder up at address and ball just a little forward of center.
    Cured.
    May be something else for you but that worked it out for me.

I too am interested in a driving iron as I hit my 3 iron Taylor Made 790 straight and true.
    I do not have a two iron or driving iron-but I am thinking of all clubs I need to buy that is the one.
    My hybrids off the tee have been stellar, except two this last weekend that went left.
    3 hybrids off the tee were perfect. I need to improve my 60% good ratio.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The new Ping I Crossover is what I would consider. Its adjustable so you can fine tune it.

4. Member
    I have a SUb70 699 driving iron. I belive it is 16 or 17 deg. I liked it so much i bought 2. One has an S300 steel shaft the other a graphite 90g hzy. Think there right at $100.00 bucks. Great clubs great price