BBC SPONSOR

Replacement Axle for 2015 Rangertrail Trailer

Well, I finally did something really stupid to my boat trailer last night. Coming home from fishing and driving down 24 toward Vinton where the city was kind enough to add a bunch of "islands" to the middle of the road a few years ago to slow traffic down (complete failure...it's now just more fun to drive quickly), anyway.....I misjudged one such island and slammed the front passenger tire of my trailer into a curb and blew out a tire, bent a rim, and ben the axle. I can easily fix the first 2, but I have no idea where to go looking for an axle. Anyone on here know where to source such a thing?

I have a camping trip scheduled for 3 weeks from today so I need to get on it soon if I'm going to make it.

Thanks in advance for any help offered,

Ron

2. Member
    call ranger someone on here has been waiting for months on one from ranger though. have a local trailer shop or rv shop?
    Last edited by mactlman; 08-23-2023 at 05:39 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Soooooooo. I tore down the passenger side of my trailer and did a bunch of comparative measuring and it looks like the axle is ok....but the spindle is wayyyyyy offfff. If I measured it correctly I have 1/8" bend by the time that the edge of the rotor, which is still inside the mounting/pivot point for the torsion arm. I'm going to try replacing that first since Ranger seems to be out several months on the full axle assemblies. My dealer even recommended that I take it to a local axle shop for possible repair since they cannot seem to track down an axle either.

Vault torsion arm idler assembly Trailer parts superstore, Eastern Marine. Easy to replace.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    replaced the torsion arm and all is well. The spindle ended up being visible bent up and back from the impact of a pothole. 2x4 lays perfectly flat across both tires now and both tires appear to sit evenly from top to bottom will the full weight of the boat on the trailer. I think I'm all good.

6. Member
    That’s good news. I have been waiting better than 8 weeks on a warranty replacement axle.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows View Post
    replaced the torsion arm and all is well. The spindle ended up being visible bent up and back from the impact of a pothole. 2x4 lays perfectly flat across both tires now and both tires appear to sit evenly from top to bottom will the full weight of the boat on the trailer. I think I'm all good.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Ron where did you get the torsion arm ? If you ordered it can you share the part number that you used? I have a 2011 trailer double axle and have two tires that are toed out that I want to fix. I am assuming I have the same trailer
    mine is ranger z520 double axle 2011 year

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    Ron where did you get the torsion arm ? If you ordered it can you share the part number that you used? I have a 2011 trailer double axle and have two tires that are toed out that I want to fix. I am assuming I have the same trailer
    mine is ranger z520 double axle 2011 year
    Trailerandtruckparts.com has the UFP DB-35 torsion arm for $419 and free shipping.

10. Member
    thank you!

11. Member
    Blair did that include the caliper and pads?