Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I've been in Aldis once and was not impressed at all. Prices weren't any cheaper than any other store near me and the selection and total amount of product was very low.

2. Member
    You need to go fishing and quit watchin TV.

3. Fishing is a Passion
    I prefer Lidl
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

4. Member
    Here is the story from local paper (Jacksonville Fl) where Winn Dixie has it's headquarters. https://www.jacksonville.com/story/b...s/70605684007/
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

The Black Angus ribeye & NY strip steaks from there are excellent
    Ranting incoherently

6. Banned
    Aldi has off brand and unusual stuff in our local store. We went in and looked around when it opened years ago and haven't been back since, just didn't care for the place. Nowhere near the selection of the local Publix stores.

WalMart rules the roost here, there's an Aldis or 2 around, but out in the boonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    We shop Aldi's 4-5 times a month. NEVER have I not seen the store clean and organized. Prices are superior to elsewhere. Fruits and vegetables always fresh without the fungus gnats flying around like Winn Dixie. Wasn't WD sold sold a few years ago to Southeast Grocers?
    Yes, WD sold to SEG after filing for bankruptcy in 2005.....

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Don't like Aldi as much now that they have the self checkouts.
    At least they have the hand held guns to scan. I have learned to put the UPC code facing up in the cart as I put something in . Scan and go super quick.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    I've been in Aldis once and was not impressed at all. Prices weren't any cheaper than any other store near me and the selection and total amount of product was very low.
    Same here, we have several grocery stores nearby that are much better than Aldi.

Quote Originally Posted by Classicxl View Post
    Didn't know there were any Winn-Dixies left.
    We have plenty around here (maybe not for long?) as Winn-Dixie started here... I go in occasionally but have to admit I prefer Publix.

Quote Originally Posted by SJSharky00 View Post
    I was unimpressed with the Aldi's in Guntersville. Felt like it was a clearance center for groceries that are about to go bad.
    Same, the Aldi here (at Town Center anyway) looked the same, not a place I would like to shop at all...

Oh, and people are idiots re Sandra and her Oscar... She played a role, and that's that.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    Wow your Aldis must be different than ours ! Save money and selections are good.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

13. Member
    So i have to ask , why are they saying she should give Oscar (didnt even know they still did that ) Back ?? Whatever the reason she should tell them to cram it !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSharky00 View Post
    I was unimpressed with the Aldi's in Guntersville. Felt like it was a clearance center for groceries that are about to go bad.
    My opinion as well- Aldi's Sucks imho
    2014 920/SHO

We have an Aldis less than a mile from the house. I've been there once. It is well priced on what they do have but they don't have a lot of common name-brand stuff so it's kind of weird to me. My wife goes occasionally as the fresh vegatables that they do have tend to be well priced and good quality. There are some people that have some very favorite foods that they prefer in their house brand. I have read some lists of things that you "must buy" from Aldi but never followed it up. I'm not going to go to two stores to get a few things there and then go to another to get some other things. Life is too short to spend it bouncing around grocery stores.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Wow your Aldis must be different than ours ! Save money and selections are good.
    I get snacks, pantry items, vegetables, meats, and eggs. Granted, they’re not the big name brands, but I can usually wander out with a 30% savings over other stores. But then there is that pesky $.25 cart deposit and bag your own groceries that might turn folks off. “Hell! I don’t work here, put my crap in the bag!”

17. Member
    A lot of the stuff in Aldis is either their brand or it’s imported from Europe. After all, Aldis is a German company. I don’t care about name brand for most food items. But Aldis brand is definitely better quality than say great value. I actually prefer the imported stuff at Aldis than the domestic. Much better flavor without the preservatives that domestic companies are allowed to use. Their cheese selection is great, only store that comes close to it around here is Hannafords and they’re about $0.50-$1.00 more expensive on average per item than elsewhere. We only go to Hannafords if our shopping list is small, sooooo much nicer and cleaner than Walmart. You can tell it’s where the rich people shop in this area
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    It may just be the one near me. I buy store brand most of the time from my local Walmart, HEB and Kroger so I was surprised at the prices. If I happen to come across a different store I'll stop in and take a look.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classicxl View Post
    Didn't know there were any Winn-Dixies left.
    They are all over the place here in ST Petersburg Florida…. 3 of them within 5 miles of my house

20. Member
    We go to Aldis for certain things. Like when butter is on sale for 2.50 a lb. Trail mix, snacks, and some of the German foods they carry. Wife is German and she knows what to buy there.
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast