Solix Touch Screen

Touch screen on Solix works intermittently at best. Hummingbird Customer Service had me delete waypoints and check voltage. Did both. Plenty of voltage. No change. As unit is a few months out of warranty the charge to send it in for repair is $515.00. They said it may not be fixable but would have to pay the $515 either way. Anybody had this issue with their Solix and found a solution.

2. Member
    Explain your “works intermittently” . Details like- not sensitive to touch or touch not working all together, jerky movement etc. What Generation Solix?
    Also what was the actual voltage (plenty)? I have seen posts with touchscreen issues that were losing the touch screen and turned off and on and worked but were not reliable due to marginal voltage. Most seemed to be Gen 2 Solix units. You may want to put out a question to see if the issue was resoved after service. You will have a hard time replacing a touch unit for less than $515. I have heard of folks getting a new gen 3, but they were still under warranty. Maybe I have missed it, but I have never heard of HB charging (other than postage) for not fixing a unit. Maybe others have seen that but I have not. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 08-17-2023 at 02:51 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

I have a 15" G2 Solix that started out with an intermittent touch screen issue. After a few months of dealing with it the touch screen doesn't work at all. There were times the unit voltage showed over 13 and it still didn't work. I replaced it and will soon call H-bird to see about having it repaired.
    I've not heard about being SOL if unrepairable and not refunding your money.

By “intermittently” I mean that it may work when you first turn the unit on. Sometimes it will just start working after a little while but won’t work long either way. It’s showing 13.4 volts to the unit so thought that was enough. It is a Gen 2. The only issue I have with the $515 charge is that if they couldn’t fix it the charge would still be $515.00.

5. Member
    Both my Gen2 Solix 12's did the same thing. Turned out to be corrupt nav data. I followed a procedure outlined by HB customer service, and it fixed both. There are several posts on here detailing the procedure.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    If you pay the fee and the G2 can't be fixed, then you will probably get a G3 unit replacement. Either it gets fixed and returned to you, or you get a replacement unit. I've not heard of them keeping your money and not doing one or the other.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    I have the same problem with a G2. I've been through all the trouble shooting and still have the same problem. I have to send mine in as well, just don't want to shell out the money to get it fixed.

8. Member
    I have a G2 12 that the touch screen quit. A generous programmer redid my nav data and that fixed it for a while. No it comes and goes. SLYDoggie recommended that I turn it on and let it boot up before turning on the other units and the network. That works part of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by offbelew27 View Post
    I have the same problem with a G2. I've been through all the trouble shooting and still have the same problem. I have to send mine in as well, just don't want to shell out the money to get it fixed.
    Same here with a G2 Solix 15--- the flat rate is over $800.00
    I could keep it as a backup and learn to use it with the toggle.
    Get it fixed and sell it. I've been watching the electronics for sale and have not seen any. Would like to have an idea what it would be worth after repairs before spending any money.

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Same here with a G2 Solix 15--- the flat rate is over $800.00
    I could keep it as a backup and learn to use it with the toggle.
    Get it fixed and sell it. I've been watching the electronics for sale and have not seen any. Would like to have an idea what it would be worth after repairs before spending any money.
    The odds arer high that you would get a Solix 15 G3 in return. I would say that a generation upgrade on a 15" screen for $800 is a great deal.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    The odds arer high that you would get a Solix 15 G3 in return. I would say that a generation upgrade on a 15" screen for $800 is a great deal.
    I agree.

How did HB resolve this for you?
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mac09 View Post
    By “intermittently” I mean that it may work when you first turn the unit on. Sometimes it will just start working after a little while but won’t work long either way. It’s showing 13.4 volts to the unit so thought that was enough. It is a Gen 2. The only issue I have with the $515 charge is that if they couldn’t fix it the charge would still be $515.00.
    I had two different units (MSI and MDI G2's) both had screens go out. It is absolutely worth the cost to have them replaced vs. hoping that it might work one day and then it doesn't. I still have one of the units with a new screen and use with 2 other G3's... In hindsight, I wish I would have done it sooner.

14. Member
    My 15” G2 unit’s touchscreen at the helm started working intermittently several months ago and now doesn’t work at all. I’ve learned to operate it with the buttons and dial on the right hand side of the unit and it’s actually pretty easy and just as fast as the touchscreen for some things (but much slower for others) once you figure it out and remember the steps. I’m not planning to send my unit in for repair because of that and the fact I use my boat year round and don’t want to go weeks without this unit. If this happens to the 12” unit at the bow I’ll definitely get it repaired since I mess with settings and fine tune them on that unit constantly throughout the day.

That said a repaired unit would sure be nice and if I have a month or two I won’t use the boat I’d definitely send it in.

15. Member
    I've never heard of HB taking more than maybe a 2-1/2 week turnaround from the day you ship till you receive it back.

16. Member
    Depends on how busy they are. Beginning and ending of the season is usually busier.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go