Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

whats a good weigh bag?

looking to buy my first weigh bag, what's a good bag that you guys have used that doesn't leak or break apart on you?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

2. Member
    Hard to find that in a weigh bag! I have had almost all of them and currently on season 2 with my Cal Coast "Big Sack". I fish about 20+ tournaments and it has held up better then most.

Several in our club have the Fitzgerald Mega Bag. Mine has held up for 4 seasons now

4. Member
    I’ve got about 200 weigh ins with a cheap academy bag. It leaks a little, but is serviceable. It’s about 2-1/2 years old and gets used a minimum of two nights a week.

top of the line is the vexan bag
    Real thick and its silver so it doesn't absorb the sun light
    You can also get one with an aerator

https://www.amazon.com/Vexan-Aerated...07CYH15GD?th=1
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    +1 on the cheap Academy bag. Going on 8 years and still working. Leaks a little but no dead fish because of bag. At least 10 tourneys a yr.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

7. Member
    Didn't even make it through a season with the TackleWarehouse bag. I'm almost done with season 2 on a Vexan bag.

8. Member
    I had great luck with a Gator Grip bag lasting for years and years. I am now using an accu-cull for a season so far, as the old bag started to leak at the seam.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

9. Member
    I have been using the Accu-cull for 4 years with no complaints. I think the mesh liner prevents the fish from poking holes in the bag and I never fold the bag as I think that creates opportunities for leaks.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Cal coast big sack been best I've owned

For the money hard to beat the Academy bags.

12. Member
    About 25lbs for me!

13. Moderator
    When I ran our tournament circuit, we used Duncan bags. Our state rules were only allowing the guys to use our bags. That being said in 3 seasons, we had zero leaks. Averaged a little less than 30 boats per event. They were exceptional!

14. Member
    are any of the bags recommended here stiff enough to be held with one hand, filled with water, and still stand up straight? Fishing by myself I find the bag I have wants to collapse making it harder to fill with my catch. My previous bag (brand I can't remember) was stiff enough to do stand w/out collapsing.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    When I ran our tournament circuit, we used Duncan bags. Our state rules were only allowing the guys to use our bags. That being said in 3 seasons, we had zero leaks. Averaged a little less than 30 boats per event. They were exceptional!
    I too was in this position years ago and pulled the to trigger on a Duncan, the first time out the zipper blew up and I contacted them, short version is they told me tuff. I moved on to another brand.

16. Member
    Fitzgerald Mega Bag. 5 years and no leaks along with the zipper still working as intended. Not cheap but it’s the best I’ve owned.

17. Member
    I use a Bass Mafia body bag, have had it for about 5 years now without issue. Granted I only fished about 25 tournaments in that span
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHM64 View Post
    are any of the bags recommended here stiff enough to be held with one hand, filled with water, and still stand up straight? Fishing by myself I find the bag I have wants to collapse making it harder to fill with my catch. My previous bag (brand I can't remember) was stiff enough to do stand w/out collapsing.
    The gator grip ones work well for that. No shoulder strap is the only downside if you got a long walk to the scales.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnyboy View Post
    Fitzgerald Mega Bag. 5 years and no leaks along with the zipper still working as intended. Not cheap but it’s the best I’ve owned.
    You must of got lucky, mine lasted almost 2 seasons.

20. Member
    One of the keys with these bags is not to fold them. Roll them up for storage or they will develop leaks along the creases created by the folds. I used the plastic bags for years but they always developed leaks. Have had the Fitzgerald bag for about 6 months. So far no issues. Really like the shoulder strap for long walks to the tanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast