What Unit/Model do I need for these Transducers.

I just purchased a used boat and there are some transducers cabled I want to re-use. I was able to work out in the general wiring forum what brands they are and now i would like to try to determine what models they are and what is the ideal head unit to pair with them.

Here are the two transducers on the trolling motor and the two cables.

What exactly does each cable do?
    is one power and one is link to transducer?
    is each one for a separate head unit?

Im a novice at this so please help educate me.

These are on the trolling motor (after market)

front_ducers.png

and lead to

Pair1.png

I was advised these are Lowrance cables.

Are those also Lowrance transducers?

What unit should i buy to attach to these?

Thank you.

-shane

2. Member
    Look at the ends of each wire for a silver tag. That will help identify what you have. Report back.

3. Member
    Is there not a silver tag on the one end? that would tell you what they are. Also if you buy a unit you can get a transducer with it
    2010 FX Skeeter

4. Member
    Save yourself a lot of grief matching old transducers with new technologies. The new units have better tansducers than on that is old and beat up especially on a Troll motor with all the stumps in Texas. The HDS Lives top of the line or the Elite FS unit would what you would want to start out with HDS is the prefered for Bass and Crappie Guys. They come with a AI3-1 transducer that has Sonar, Downscan and Side Image which works on a TM or a transom. Beside no guarantee that those even work. Those are 7 pin connectors for the transducers and all the new units HDS LIve have 9 pin connectors so you would spend on adaptor cables to make them work on New Units.

5. Member
    One, larger of the two, appears to be an HDI transducer. Should work with any HDS head unit. Might work with elite series as well but someone else will have to sound off on that issue.

The second one, smaller of the two, looks like an 83/200 skimmer hst-wsbl 2D w/temp with 5 pin connector. Should work with almost any unit Lowrance has produced but may require an adapter cable in some cases.

If the first one is indeed an hdi transducer there is no need for the hst-wsbl on the same trolling motor. Both are capable of 2D display.

6. Member
    Thanks for all the feedback fellas. Im on a shoe string budget after getting the boat and with these already pre wired (running under deck boards previous owner must have pulled up) i just want to try to get some used older units to match, Gotta start low so i have something to build up for later too..

The tag says
    nmea 0183

and

10-18vdc fuse atc-3

Basically i want to get the cheapest but useful (crappie / bass) unit i can attach here to pair with the lowrance unit up there that came stock even if it just does sonar or just side scan etc

7. Member
    Those tags are on the power cables, not the transducers.
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    HST-WSBL and Splitshot, your connectors are for the HST-WSBL and power.

9. Member
    First off thank you everyone - Are there power adapters? I dont see any of the cheaper 100-150 dollar units that use this type of power cable, they all seem to use the two pin.

10. Member
    I Guess what im trying to say is what is the best yet budget friendly unit i can get that will that these cables. i have been to bass pro and academy and the units there dont seem to use this power cable unless its a 600+ active target unit.

spoon feed some amazon links please ; /

11. Member
    Personally, if you are set on using the existing cables, find a used unit that is compatible. The Swap and Sell Electronics forum is your best bet.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Personally, if you are set on using the existing cables, find a used unit that is compatible. The Swap and Sell Electronics forum is your best bet.

NoCAL
    I agree with this ^^ and might suggest even upgrading the entire system with better used units complete with new cables...they are available on forums very inexpensively.
    ciao,
    Marc

13. Member
    Yea great idea this is my plan i want to find one used/cheap. Im just starting out and got to do this on a budget after the boat itself. I would post on the WTB but the problem is i dont know exactly what i NEED to buy. I would hate to just post the cable pic and be like who wants to sell me a unit that uses these...

I cant find any actual units that use this power cable they all seem to use 2 pin

The previous unit had a small rectangle base, i can see the mount area pressed into the carpet it looks like a hook2 bullet 4 or 5 inch but that uses a 2 pin as well