Dale Hollow Mid Oct

Going down for a few days. Staying at Horse creek. What's the suggestions on areas to fish, bait, anything we should be wary of? Will be our first time on DH.

Going to be tough probably, main Lake points, and fish slow.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Going to be tough probably, main Lake points, and fish slow.
    Agreed but I've had some really good days in October on days that should have been just brutal (bluebird skies and no wind).

4. Member
    Natural jerkbait and go point hopping. You want to cover as much water as possible until you find where the bait is at.

5. Member
    Did our Dale Hollow trip. Fishing sucked. Found bait balls at the mouth of coves. Most didn't have any fish around them. The ones that did, I could drag all around and right thru and nothing. Not really any fish in the coves downlake at all. Big tournament going on. Looked like they were all fishing in 100' of water. Would have been better off fishing at home on Bull Shoals or Table Rock. Lake was beautiful though and quite a bit low. Cabin at Horse Creek was pretty good. Stall for boat kind of sucked, but they are building some new ones that should be very nice. Had burgers at Shockeys at Mitchell Creek marina. Pretty nice restaurant. Worth stopping at.

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smallfish View Post
    Did our Dale Hollow trip. Fishing sucked. Found bait balls at the mouth of coves. Most didn't have any fish around them. The ones that did, I could drag all around and right thru and nothing. Not really any fish in the coves downlake at all. Big tournament going on. Looked like they were all fishing in 100' of water. Would have been better off fishing at home on Bull Shoals or Table Rock. Lake was beautiful though and quite a bit low. Cabin at Horse Creek was pretty good. Stall for boat kind of sucked, but they are building some new ones that should be very nice. Had burgers at Shockeys at Mitchell Creek marina. Pretty nice restaurant. Worth stopping at.
    Fishing has been bad for me the last couple years. Way to much pressure. Tournament you saw was a high school event. My nephew fished it. I think he said it took 17# to win and most fish weighed were largemouths.

Ollie's in Celina has the best burgers around.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Fishing has been bad for me the last couple years. Way to much pressure. Tournament you saw was a high school event. My nephew fished it. I think he said it took 17# to win and most fish weighed were largemouths.
    It is insane anymore. Every weekend from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Only time there is peace is during the week.
    Basscat!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    It is insane anymore. Every weekend from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Only time there is peace is during the week.
    Social media has destroyed many lakes that got average pressure at most!!! These days they are absolutely overrun with pressure
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Social media has destroyed many lakes that got average pressure at most!!! These days they are absolutely overrun with pressure
    Try fishing Table Rock Lake on any weekend. It looks like the Chinese Navy just landed with all the boats.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Ollie's in Celina has the best burgers around.

Shhhh... it's our secret!

But really, if someone's going through Celina, stop at Ollie's you'll find something on the menu to devour and it is all delicious! Cant go wrong with Doris' either

12. Member
    Ollie's has real good catfish also.