Thread: 23.3 Update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

23.3 Update

Are there any issues with 23.3 with AT 1 or Carbons?

2. Member
    The 23.3 is good on the units just don't update the AT1 untill the new patch comes out just leave your AT where it is at.

3. Member
    Too late I already downloaded it. What are the problems?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob4AU View Post
    Too late I already downloaded it. What are the problems?
    Freezing up...

How much longer on the new patch I wonder? I did my two carbons with no issues but the AT1 didn't like the new update, it kept freezing up. I put the original software back in and now it will lock up once a trip, so I hope the "update" didn't mess up my AT1 and As fall approaches I wonder if they actually care about fixing the AT1 since it's now a legacy item.

6. Member
    So what update do I need to go back to?

So what update do I need to go back to?
    Just load the previous version back onto AT1 module, same process you just did with 23 - put 22.1 file on card, insert into head unit and apply to AT1.

https://softwaredownloads.navico.com...Standard-1.riw

8. Member
    Did the 23.3 do anything to help the carbons?

9. Member
    Thanks for the help.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    Did the 23.3 do anything to help the carbons?
    You can read what the update is meant to do at the same place that you download from. I was running a Carbon up until last month. Nothing was wrong with it. What specifically do you think they need help with?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

11. Member
    I don't. Just curious to see if there were actual benefits from people that had before and after looks.

12. Member
    Allows support of the S3100 module for AI HD display along with the proper high frequencies
    Fixes the HDMI input issue that existed previously
    Increased the max depth for the "deep water" sonar mode
    Fixed the Ghost autopilot issues
    And fixed the communication issues between units and modules.

So, yes. It was a pretty big update and added several enhancements to Carbon units.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

23.3 was significant but not without glitches. AT1 we know about. Autopilot issues now between Live and Pro but workable.
    They've got some work to do but the good outweighs the bad.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    23.3 was significant but not without glitches. AT1 we know about. Autopilot issues now between Live and Pro but workable.
    They've got some work to do but the good outweighs the bad.
    The Autopilot has been fixed with the June vs of 23.3 for the HDS Live and Pro I have both and no issue many people did not even know the 23.3 had a small update in June

HDS LIVE Software (23.3)
    Release Date: 21 June 2023

Version: 23.3-67.3.26

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    The Autopilot has been fixed with the June vs of 23.3 for the HDS Live and Pro I have both and no issue many people did not even know the 23.3 had a small update in June

HDS LIVE Software (23.3)
    Release Date: 21 June 2023

Version: 23.3-67.3.26
    Basshoppoers is right, also delete the old uptade from your history, if your downloading patch forf 23.3. Had to do this myself. Benefits are much better than the freezes. Mine, might not freeze on one trip then it might on the next. It's not a big deal, I just wait it out, if it happens. One other note, I've noticed if I turn my Carbon 12 on at the console which activates my SS3D and network, then turn my live at bow on which activates AT1, and then the carbon 9 everything seems all good. " I hit accept on each unit before powering on the next HDS unit" .
    2012 Stratos 294 Evolution, Mercury 200 PROXS (1B933452)// HDS live 12 with AT 1, HDS Pro 10 with AT 2, HDS Carbon 12 with SS3D, point 1, sonichub2, Lowrance Ghost, and 3 Ionic lithium batteries.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bb45 View Post
    Basshoppoers is right, also delete the old uptade from your history, if your downloading patch forf 23.3. Had to do this myself. Benefits are much better than the freezes. Mine, might not freeze on one trip then it might on the next. It's not a big deal, I just wait it out, if it happens. One other note, I've noticed if I turn my Carbon 12 on at the console which activates my SS3D and network, then turn my live at bow on which activates AT1, and then the carbon 9 everything seems all good. " I hit accept on each unit before powering on the next HDS unit" .
    I'm a little lost now, do I need to keep 23.3 on my AT1 or go back to 21.1? I can live with an occasional freeze if the 23.3 is beneficial.

17. Member
    I'm a little lost now, do I need to keep 23.3 on my AT1 or go back to 21.1? I can live with an occasional freeze if the 23.3 is beneficial.
    Let me try this again

HDS Live 23.3 from June Date

AT1 Module 22.1

for this issue its ok to have them different. This is only till the new patch comes out for the AT1

Hope this clarifies things

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Let me try this again

HDS Live 23.3 from June Date
    AT1 Module 22.1

for this issue its ok to have them different. This is only till the new patch comes out for the AT1

Hope this clarifies things
    Thanks

19. Member
    I have been reluctant to load the 23.3 on my carbons. I'm running 18.3 now on my ss3d, 22.1 on my carbons and 22.1 on my at1. I did change my ethernet connections to hub through my ss3d module, and it did seem to speed up the boot up process, and rolling back to 18.3 on the ss3d has it crisp again. I was afraid I had a transducer problem developing but it looks good again. Loading 23.3 on my carbons will have me running 3 different revisions on my syste.. think I'll try 23.3. If things aren't good I can always roll back.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    I have been reluctant to load the 23.3 on my carbons. I'm running 18.3 now on my ss3d, 22.1 on my carbons and 22.1 on my at1. I did change my ethernet connections to hub through my ss3d module, and it did seem to speed up the boot up process, and rolling back to 18.3 on the ss3d has it crisp again. I was afraid I had a transducer problem developing but it looks good again. Loading 23.3 on my carbons will have me running 3 different revisions on my syste.. think I'll try 23.3. If things aren't good I can always roll back.

23.3 on carbons is fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast