Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    What brand with the bad trans?
    Wasn’t a truck but wife’s 2010 Chevy Malibu LT had so many problems it was getting something done every month it seemed. Had 80K and transmission went out. Sealed couldn’t check fluid unless it was lifted on a rack and threaded plug taken out to check the level. New transmission was 3K and dealer had to program it. To change the headlight bulbs the whole nose piece had to be removed. I emailed GM and ask what smart person thought that was a good idea. Sold it to the mechanic that brought it to his shop on the rollback. Went out and bought a Nissan never looked back.

2. Member
    I run Tahoes for squad cars. The lifter/camshaft issue has effected our 2019 an 2021 squads. Fortunately both under warranty. Transmissions are a whole different issue!!

Quote Originally Posted by havacman View Post
    Wasn’t a truck but wife’s 2010 Chevy Malibu LT had so many problems it was getting something done every month it seemed. Had 80K and transmission went out. Sealed couldn’t check fluid unless it was lifted on a rack and threaded plug taken out to check the level. New transmission was 3K and dealer had to program it. To change the headlight bulbs the whole nose piece had to be removed. I emailed GM and ask what smart person thought that was a good idea. Sold it to the mechanic that brought it to his shop on the rollback. Went out and bought a Nissan never looked back.
    My wife's 2010 Mailbu was likely our last GM vehicle ever. The last money I put into it was to have a headlight changed. It was winter and I didn't want to remove the nose cone myself...some screws were inside the wheel wells. I had my mechanic replace both headlights as long as he was in there. $125 later, I vowed this was our last GM vehicle.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    I will say i am very pleasantly surprised with the fuel economy on my 24 3500 with the 6.6 dirtymax. On a straight highway drive with no traffic( on mostly flat ground we have here in FL) the confuser is showing 20mpg which for an almost 9000 pound truck is impressive to say the least. My last RAM with the 5.7 could not do that.
    JB882
    Is your 24 3500 HD single or dual rear wheel? My bro just picked up his 6.6L gas (the old 400 ci) quad cab short box, and still needs to be broken in cause he is hardly getting 14mpg with the 10 speeds Allison
    Very nice truck, but for nearly 70K$ I thought it would have much more to it. I am going to do CAI and exhaust at some point after the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Got a 2019 Yukon Denali tow rig with 6.2 gasser. Thought it was a great rig till last week. Had a bit of rough idle. Took it to my regular non GM service center for oil change and plugs. They changed oil and plugs and provided me GM service bulletin about defective lifters on the 5.3 & 6.2. Told me to drive it to nearest GM dealer-no further. Took it to GM dealer and dropped it off last Friday. They got it in for diagnostics today. The fuel management system is the culprit the way it drops from 8 cylinder to 4 cylinders by deactivating lifters. GM quickly diagnosed the problem in 30 minutes-it's very common! Bad lifter, bent pushrod, trashed cam shaft. They want to fix issue on one lifter bank for $7,500.00 with same defective lifters. Research shows this is a common problem and has a pending lawsuit for defective lifters. ADIOS GM!!!!
    Well things got worse today. Dealer called this morning, they got engine put back together. However, they noticed I have a bad strut. They replace struts in pairs, $2,500.00. Wonderful--2019 Yukon Denali-$80,000.00 vehicle. 4 years old, 80K miles and needs over 10K for repair and replacement of defective parts. Went to Ford dealer today, gonna order a new Ford-never another GM product in my garage!!!!

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    JB882
    Is your 24 3500 HD single or dual rear wheel? My bro just picked up his 6.6L gas (the old 400 ci) quad cab short box, and still needs to be broken in cause he is hardly getting 14mpg with the 10 speeds Allison
    Very nice truck, but for nearly 70K$ I thought it would have much more to it. I am going to do CAI and exhaust at some point after the warranty.
    mine is a dual rear wheel.

Im pretty pleased with it so far. It rides better than i thought a 1 ton would and the fuel economy at least on the freeway is a pleasant surprise. In town im getting like 12 which is not really much different than my 1500 RAM was. If i can stay out of single digits towing our 5th wheel when it comes I’ll be really happy.

7. Member
    ^

8. Member
    JB882
    14 mpg is about as good as it gets with the 6.6 gasser

9. Member

Im pretty pleased with it so far. It rides better than i thought a 1 ton would and the fuel economy at least on the freeway is a pleasant surprise. In town im getting like 12 which is not really much different than my 1500 RAM was. If i can stay out of single digits towing our 5th wheel when it comes I’ll be really happy.
    Slick lookin ride, dude!!!!! I love the GMC grills!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve-n-Protect View Post
    Nope..... I installed the Range Technology Pulsar LT on my 2021 Denali w/6.2 after buying it brand new.... I disabled the auto stop/start and the DFM, I had to have the driver's side bank of lifters replaced after 36k miles. I'm at 47k miles now and I'm starting to hear some ticking again....
    Well, when my 2017 Silverado bites the dust I'll burn it to the ground, claim it on insurance, sell my Ranger, buy a pirogue and pull it to the lake with my bicycle.

11. Member

That's a beautiful truck, and I lean to GMC myself with mine being a GMC 1500 Sierra with 6.2L 4x4. Is yours a 4x4 or 2 wd? I prefer a 2wd dually for towing heavy or larger trailers. My bro is a 4x4 which I know is cutting into the mpg unnecessary since he will be using it only in summer months towing a 30' RV.

12. Member
    That's a beautiful truck, and I lean to GMC myself with mine being a GMC 1500 Sierra with 6.2L 4x4. Is yours a 4x4 or 2 wd? I prefer a 2wd dually for towing heavy or larger trailers. My bro is a 4x4 which I know is cutting into the mpg unnecessary since he will be using it only in summer months towing a 30' RV.
    This one is 4wd, wont own a truck without it despite the weight penalty. We like to boondock and will continue to do so with the new RV when we get it. I would much rather have 4wd and never need it then need it and not have it.

13. Member
    This one is 4wd, wont own a truck without it despite the weight penalty. We like to boondock and will continue to do so with the new RV when we get it. I would much rather have 4wd and never need it then need it and not have it.
    I don't think he has to worry about ever using it since they do alot of glamping and NASCAR. They even have a fireplace inside across from the massage chairs, and a 48" flatscreen that goes outside for the firepit.

14. Member
    I don't think he has to worry about ever using it since they do alot of glamping and NASCAR. They even have a fireplace inside across from the massage chairs, and a 48" flatscreen that goes outside for the firepit.
    We are going to have very similar, we are buying a fully loaded DRV JX450 toy hauler, it’s built nicer inside than a lot of homes are.

we plan to be taking it to a lot of off the beaten path type camping spots like we dod with out travel trailer. Lots of people do it with big rigs too.

15. Member
    JB882
    His is a Diesel.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
    Think this is the reason GM changed the power train warranty from 5 years/100K miles to 5 years/60k miles? I had a CPO 2015 with the 6.2. Lifters went at 91k. But because the CPO extended power train warranty out to 100k, didn't cost me a thing.
    And 100,000 is the max you can extend a GM protection plan. I have the max on my 2023 Silverado 5.3.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Well things got worse today. Dealer called this morning, they got engine put back together. However, they noticed I have a bad strut. They replace struts in pairs, $2,500.00. Wonderful--2019 Yukon Denali-$80,000.00 vehicle. 4 years old, 80K miles and needs over 10K for repair and replacement of defective parts. Went to Ford dealer today, gonna order a new Ford-never another GM product in my garage!!!!
    Just curious....how did they determine you had a bad strut?

18. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve-n-Protect View Post
    Oh dang!!! I'd be happy with that!! I do hear the 3.0 is getting 25-30mpg, so that has my interest peaked a little....
    I just purchased a 2023 Silverado RST with the 3.0 Duramax and have gotten 29.2 mpg on my first long trip approximately 300 miles and am currently just shy of 26 mpg on the current tank most of which is short trips. I have not pulled the boat yet but have heard I should see in the 17 to 19 mpg range.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    And 100,000 is the max you can extend a GM protection plan. I have the max on my 2023 Silverado 5.3.
    I got the 6 year/120k miles one from CNA National thru the dealer... it was under $2k... I'm thinking it's going to pay for itself, already used for a $210 tow bill to the dealer.... CNA paid $150 and later GM paid $130... When it gets close to expiring, the truck is gone!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

20. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Last edited by RangrSkipr; 08-12-2023 at 08:46 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast